Arena 6 crashes if relocating clips or sends crash report

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Mesec
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Arena 6 crashes if relocating clips or sends crash report

Post by Mesec »

Hi all,

just wanted to share a problem my friend is having with Arena 6.

She is using an older MacBook pro 15" mid 2012, (Yosemite 10.10.5) Arena 5 worked without issues.

In Arena 6 she opened a project where the clips have been moved and Arena crashes every time she tries to relocate the files. She had to manually drag & drop every clip into the composition.

Now every time when Arena starts, the "crash report window" appears, and if she clicks "SEND", Arena crashes every time. She can click "Cancel" and then Arena works ok.
I also have one more question, is the new "rings" source much more resource intensive then for example "line scape"? Her laptop has a GTX 650m inside, if she uses 3 or 4 rings sources, her framerate drops to about 20 fps.

Thank you all :ugeek:

EDIT: Some more information on this subject, I think the problem on her computer is when Arena opens an operating system window of some kind, or if Arena has to communicate with OSX (saving or getting thumbnails?). For example Arena crashes every time she tries to "load a clip thumbnail from file", if she updates the clip thumbnail and starts the clip Arena also crashes, and also if she goes to the menu Composition and click Open, Arena crashes immediately.
Last edited by Mesec on Tue Nov 28, 2017 23:40, edited 2 times in total.

Mesec
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Arena 6 crashes if relocating clips or sends crash report

Post by Mesec »

Also I think the "I" and "O" keyboard shortcuts for setting in and out points are not working.

Besides all that I'm going crazy over how amazing 6 is, you guys did such an epic job !!! Groups, NDI, Autopilot->play specific clip, Envelopes, this is nuts, you just made my job so much easier and so much more fun I can not even begin to explain... Thank you !!!!!!!!!

jordibouman
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jordibouman »

I also experience many crashes when relocating files. There's no crash report though. The program just isn't responding, so I have to ctrl+alt+delete.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you are trying to relocate files in Compositions which were imported from Resolume 5 compositions on Resolume 6.0.0, and you get crashes, please import the Original Resolume 5 compositions again in Resolume 6.0.1.

We are working on an issue where opening any file dialog crashes Resolume. Happens also with the composition open, FFGL folder selector etc, If you are seeing this issue, please send us as much information about your machine and setup as you can.
If OSX notifies you about a crash but you can't send a crash report, then click on the osx notification, and select more info, an copy paste the text you see in the window that appears to a text file. You can send this text file to us here on the forum as a zipped attachment or to mail@resolume.com.

Thank you!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu