Using Arena 6, I will be projecting onto a panoramic screen (3840x1080) by double-stacking projectors (2 projectors for each half of the screen) for intensity and redundancy, edge-blending them on center line (FRAME SYNC NEEDS TO BE GUARANTEED). The projectors do not have a pass through, so daisy-chaining the stacked projectors is not an option. The computer will be about 200 feet away from the projectors. For the interface, I have looked into the Matrox DualHead2Go and the Datapath Fx4, but am leaning towards using the AJA Io 4K . If I use the Io 4K, it seems that my setup options are as follows:
SETUP OTION #1
• Use a DA for each pair of projectors to split the signal to them. I would then run 2 SDI cables from the AJA Io 4K to the projectors as follows:
- Port 1 SDI cable to the DA for the right projectors
- Port 2 SDI cable to the DA for the left projectors
SETUP OPTION #2
• Would it be possible in Arena to assign ports 1 and 2 of the AJA Io 4K to output the same video stream for the left projectors, and then assign ports 3 and 4 to output the same video stream for the left projectors? I would then run 4 SDI cables from the AJA Io 4K to the projectors as follows:
- Port 1 SDI cable to one of the right projectors
- Port 2 SDI cable to the other right projector
- Port 3 SDI cable to one of the left projectors
- Port 4 SDI cable to the other left projector
A big question I have is whether or not Arena 6 can configure 2 ports on the AJA Io 4K to output exactly the same video stream for a setup like “Option #2” above. I do not yet have Io 4K, but spoke to AJA about it. They said that is something which would be done within Resolume, and did not know if it was possible. Has anyone tried this?
Also, would using the “AJA Io 4K” have the same result as the Triple (or Dual) Head, or the Datapath Fx4 in terms of keeping frames in sync?
Has anyone done a setup like this or is there another way you would recommend doing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!