Edge Blending with Nvidia Mosaic

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
JordanHarveyVFX
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Edge Blending with Nvidia Mosaic

Post by JordanHarveyVFX »

Hey all,

Overview of the Problem:
I'm new to resolume, but yes... I've watched the edge blending tutorial and read the page thoroughly. To the best of my knowledge I have setup my advanced output properly. I am having an issue with edge blending on a 2 projector setup that has a physical overlap of a few hundred pixels. It appears as though only Projector 1 is outputting the blending, you can adjust the gamma/brightness etc. on it's relative slice as well. Projector 2 is not outputting any blending, and it's slice is has all the adjustment options, and also has the soft edge box checked. The adjustment options on projector 2 appear to do nothing. The result is that one projector overlaps the other with the proper blending. When I disable the output for projector 1, it reveals only projector 2 with a bright strip where the overlap should be.

Overview of my setup:
Nvidia Mosaic display joining 2 projectors into one windows display.
Display resolution: 3734x1080
Projector Native Resolution: 1920x1080
Composition Settings: 3734x1080
Content Resolution: 3840x1080
Layer Resolution: 3734x1080 (Fit)

Advanced Output:
Screen_Setup.jpg
Slice_A_Projector_A.jpg
Slice_B_Projector_B.jpg
Output:
Notice the black line on the left edge of the blend
BothSides.jpg
Notice the bright strip on the right side covering the entire overlap area
LeftSide.jpg

JordanHarveyVFX

Re: Edge Blending with Nvidia Mosaic

Anyone? I really need some pointers on this one? Is there anyone at Resolume that can help me?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

How does your Output Transformation look like?

Can you post a picture of how the built in test card looks like on your outputs?
(you can find it in the output menu)

What happens when you right click on the Projector A Gamma slider?

Also, the slice settings for Input opacity are different ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

JordanHarveyVFX

Thanks so much for jumping in here to give me a hand! I'll be back at the shop to do some more testing this evening and I'll post an image of the output transformation around 8pm EST.

I tried opacity adjustments on the layers and the slices but none of them seemed to balance the blending. It just dialed in and out the entire layer.

Ill post a photo of my layers and such too, tomorrow is my last day of testing before we go to show, so I will really appreciate any info you can give me on this subject.