Resolume 7, Problem whit imported composition

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Holm
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Resolume 7, Problem whit imported composition

Post by Holm »

Hello everyone,
I have a problem whit Resolume 7. I have an old composition that has been with me for some years. The composition was created in Arena 4, then rebuilt in Arena 5, everything was okay in Arena 6 too. Now I have imported the composition into Resolume 7, at first glance everything is fine, some corrections are necessary, but that's the way it is. Now to the problem, everything that is changed in the menu "Transform" is not saved correctly. The content is positioned differently than set. What can be wrong?

Thank you,
Holm

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Resolume 7, Problem whit imported composition

Post by Zoltán »

This sounds like an issue we're working on, can you please contact us on mail@resolume.com with your composition files?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

visionjenoma
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by visionjenoma »

I have the same problem.

I've been working a long time ago with the same composition in Resolume 6 and everything was fine.
Now, with resolume 7 I set the size and position of each layer and when before leaving, I save my composition but when restarting Resolume the values have been deconfigured.

There must be problems when trying to work from a composition made in R6 and that we try to use with R7, since if I install R7 and use the composition "Example" I can change size and position to the layers, save and when opening the program again, continue with the same values with which I kept without problems.

Holm

Post by Holm »

Hi Zoltán,
which files do you need, only the *.avc or also the corresponding contents.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Only the .avc files, from v5, v6 and v7.
Thanks!
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks Holm, got your mail.
I've tried opening your v7 composition, changing layer, clip and group transforms, saving composition, and re-opening, and all my changes are still there.
Which Transforms do you have issues with in v7?

Holm

Post by Holm »

Thanks for the quick answer, I have tested again to be able to say it more exactly. It seems that only the values for Clip / Transform / Anchor don't work correctly, when I try one or more clips
change at once the values are halved after reloading. If I change a single clip position again after that, the values, even those of clips that haven't changed, are somewhere.
Thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks Holm until we can make a fix,
can you try resetting the built in Transform effect to defaults, loading the Default preset, then setting the params in the transform again.
If you still get the values changing, after saving and reloading, try resetting again, and dropping the Transform effect from the effects panel, and set it up instead.

Let me know if this helps!

Holm

Post by Holm »

Yeah, that works, I can live with that very well.
Thank you.