problem with 2 live cams

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cityanimal
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

problem with 2 live cams

Post by cityanimal »

I have been trying to use 2 live cams. One is a webcam connected via usb and the other is a sony mini-dv cam connected via firewire.
Drivers for both are visible. I can load them into decks and into channels. After a couple of switches usb conected web cam freezes and no longer displays live images.
I'm running Windows XP Home on a Toshiba P4 3.0 ghz laptop, separate partition for Resolume and a firewire 800 external hd with my clips.
Question can Resolume deal with 2 live cam inputs?
thanks,
Charles

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

if im right you can only use on camera and even though 2 are shownig up i think that maybes they are conflicting somehow! dont know how! sorry not very helpful :)

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

resolume can handle multiple cameras - i've run four cameras before. It must be an instability with your usb camera drivers. Also, live cams do better when using a tv capture card instead of firewire - firewire can be a processor hog and has a little delay, whereas tv cards have chips that do all the work for the processor and have in general given better realtime video and more stability (that's my experience anyway)

In my current configuration i have 2 tv cards for 2 cameras, as well as a usb2.0 camera - all run smothly with no problems

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Resolume can handle as many live inputs as your computer can. Do you have the latest drivers for your webcam? Also make sure the dv cam does not go to standby.

cityanimal

Post by cityanimal »

Thanks to all for their input. It seems that the drivers for my usb webcam were not installed properly. By uninstalling and then re-installing them I was able to get the webcam to function properly along with my firewire connected mini-dv cam. Now I have 2 live cams working well in Resolume and I'm very happy.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to get to the bottom of this problem!

marsboule

Post by marsboule »

hello i'm not good in english but
i think if you had a tuner tv card in you'r pc
it's easier you can use a firewire for the first cam and after you pass by the tuner (pinnacle pctv 4 exemple) for the second cam.
then you can select a cable (composite or s-video good you can have longer then usb or firewire ) and parameter the tuner card ... and after you can play resolume ....
if you want the translate in french ...lol
and better try for include 2 tuner card .....also 3 camera hum interressant