random effect

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

random effect

Post by VJ Nexus »

this has happened to me many times during live shows, but i can't seem to replicate it at home.

Apparently randomly, the threshhold effect will apply itself to whatever clip is in layer 1. The effect controls do not appear in the decks where that clip was loaded from, and so i can't turn it off from there, but the effect is clearly on. To clear the effect all i have to do is load another clip into the layer, and its gone when i reload the same problem clip, but this is still very annoying. It happens to different clips all the time, and never happens twice to the same clip. There are no midi or keyboard keys assigned to this effect, and so i know it's not an accidental pressing of a button.

I have no idea how this happens - it seems to happen most often when i'm in the middle of some complicated mix (using lots of keys and sliders).

has anybody else ever experienced this? happened in 2.4 as well as 2.41, but seems to happen more in 2.41

2.4Ghz core 2 duo
2gb ram
xp pro (stripped down)
2x10,000rpm raid 0 system drive
2x10,000rpm raid 0 clip drive
ati x1800 gt (x2 in crossfire)
640x480 indeo 5.11

normal
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by normal »

I have a random invert effect applied sometimes when I load a new deck up, totally random and like yourself only happens during a show and not at home?????