two identical webcams in resolume wont work?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mars_2k6
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

two identical webcams in resolume wont work?

Post by mars_2k6 »

Hi,
I just bought two new webcams for use in resolume (to record the dj from multiple perspectives). Resolume recorgnizes both the usb webcams and displays them in the input devices list, along with the laptop's built in webcam. The two new cams are identical and get listet each with the same name.

When I load both into the deck and try to display the videos, I only get to see the output of one of the cams, no matter which one I select. It seems to me that resolume can't distinguish the cams because they have the same name. could this be?

I tried renaming the devices in Windows' Scanner & Camera settings, but that had no impact on the display name in resolume (neither in any other app). Simultanious video from both cams does work in other apps, though.

Thanks for any help or tips you could give me...
mars_2k6

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

the problem lies in the fact that both webcams use the exact same driver. I have run into similar problems in the past using 2 identical tv capture cards... windows simply can't differentiate between them (and remain stable) You will have much better luck using non-identical hardware.

Even though it may work in some other programs, it is not a suggested or stable method trying to use them together in resolume...