WAV file playback

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vanderzee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

WAV file playback

Post by vanderzee »

I used Adobe Audition to convert some MP3 files to WAV files. When I load and replay them on R3 they are speeded up and do not sound correct. I have set the Composition>Beat Snap to None. Is there another audio setting somewhere :?: Is there a special procedure required to convert MP3 to WAV for R3? Thanks.

Patrick9

Re: WAV file playback

Post by Patrick9 »

Hi vanderzee, did you try checking that the sample rate in 'Avenue - Preferences - Audio' matches with that of your wav file?

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi,
If a .wav file is loaded it's automaically set to BPM sync mode and it's BPM is calculated.
When started the clip will be played synchronized to the global tempo (BPM Sync).
If your .wav file is measured at 80 bpm and your global tempo is set to 120 bpm it will be speeded (pitched) up.
Set your .wav file to timeline modus (clip property panel) to ignore the tempo and to be played back normally.

Don't change the samplerate in the preferences window, this is not related to this.

Patrick9

Post by Patrick9 »

edwin wrote:
Don't change the samplerate in the preferences window, this is not related to this.
Hi Edwin, could you tell me what this setting would be used for please.

regards,

Pat

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi Pat,
The samplerate is the quality of the audio signal that is prodcuced, the higher the better but of course more stress on the system. The default is 44khz and that's good enough for most situations.