Chroma key?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vjsmad
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Chroma key?

Post by vjsmad »

hello
nothing new for those who try to developp ffgl chromakey plugin?

teens4christgirl

Post by teens4christgirl »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm looking all over for a chroma key ffgl 1.5 plugin for avenue. Did anyone ever write one? (I messaged the guy saying he had, waiting to hear back) If anyone's considering making one, please do! I'd be glad to pay for such a plugin, and I'm sure others would to.

toxicdan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by toxicdan »

hey YES YES) i realy need it! now i'm doing some of my own key color loops, i use blue(00255) becouse in modul8 also blue color keys perfect, PLEASE send me it to email - designtoxic@gmail.com - and i'm using it under mac.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

Hi chroma keyers!

I've written a very basic color key FFGL 1.5 FX plugin. Usability is not perfect - I know ;)

You can define the color to be keyed out by setting the R,G, and B colors. Additionally there is a tolerance value. A bit of trail and error, however at the end it does what it's supposed to do.

Feedback welcome :)
MAC:
FR-ColorKey.bundle.zip
(30.67 KiB) Downloaded 1061 times
WIN:
FRColorKey.zip
(52.48 KiB) Downloaded 1056 times
Edit 18/02/10: added Windows dll version
Last edited by Rene on Thu Feb 18, 2010 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Nice one Rene!

SystemD
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by SystemD »

Thanks Rene !

Rene

Post by Rene »

:) - well, glad to hear that it's working!

vjsmad

Post by vjsmad »

hello all

i m gonna try this plugin quickly, i use a lot chromakey for my gig but with hardware so its really complicate to use.
i have a computer with resolume for movie background and i use data video chromakeyer , after the output of the chromakeyer go input of a video capture card in another computer and i use that in resolume again as background and add layers after so !!! should be so great to have a plug working directly with same fonction as hardware like datavideo.

Edius have real time chromakey for several years for editing, new adobe premliere CS5 should have too, seems its using nvidia capabilities for real time redering with something called " CODA" so i suppose it should easy
to have that in resolume avenue
take care
laurent

vjsmad

Post by vjsmad »

i try with a dancer on green screen but nothing happen i just see a little square at the bottom on the right , i can change the RGB value for the square but that's all , how do you apply to have the green screen as transparency?
i think you need a spill parameter too
thanks

Rene

Post by Rene »

vjsmad wrote:i try with a dancer on green screen but nothing happen i just see a little square at the bottom on the right , i can change the RGB value for the square but that's all , how do you apply to have the green screen as transparency?
i think you need a spill parameter too
thanks
The tiny box at the bottom right should be at the top right (any mirror applied?). This box is the preview and shows the color to be keyed out. You can disable the box by unchecking the "preview" select box.

If the green in the preview box is (almost) equal to the green you want to key out, start using the tolerance slider.

Do you see your dancer video and the preview box or only the preview box? Are you on Win or Mac?

@Resolume team: Are the plans to show a color picker in case a plugin accepts R, G, and B as input parameters?