grind editor like in vvvv for domes

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

grind editor like in vvvv for domes

Post by deflost »

please make it possible to make optical corrections which are neseccary to project in cupolas and domes.
please have a look on the grind editor in vvvv, and please make it possible for normal humans to find something out about plugins for reso 3,
thx a lot, dl
westfernsehen, leipzig

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: grind editor like in vvvv for domes

Post by edwin »

What does the grid editor do? Could you explain what it does so i can give some more feedback.
And what would you like to know about plugins for Resolume 3. The Plugins are FFGL plugins and info and sdk can be found here.
http://freeframe.sourceforge.net/

andresc4
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by andresc4 »

edwin its very very hard to make the old plugins compatible with the new avene ? maybe somethink like that petes bigfug for AfterEffects that can load all the old freeframe ?
i was looking for new freeframes plugins and i didt found much, can you list a few website that have new freeframe plugs available ?

im sure that thats will be something that we will love

somethink like the strech plugin but with negatives values will ve usefull for a dome proyection

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

edwin its very very hard to make the old plugins compatible with the new avene ? maybe somethink like that petes bigfug for AfterEffects that can load all the old freeframe ?
It's no too hard to make them compatible but the performance would suffer dramtically. All FFGL plugins are rendered on the videocard and thus make it possible to work on much higher resolutions and higher quality.
If there are specific plugins you are missing let is know. Don't underestimate the plugins now present in Avenue, there might be fewer but most plugins are equipped with more parameters and do much more then most standard plugins in version 2.
For inspiration gave a look at this:
http://vimeo.com/7041944
I was looking for new freeframes plugins and i didt found much, can you list a few website that have new freeframe plugs available ?
There aren't many FFGL plugins available, most plugins are build specifically by a developer for a specific project. Packs like we had for FF are not present yet, we ship the plugins from syzygy (http://www.syzygy-visuals.co.uk/) with our software and that's the only serious collection of FFGL plugins at the moment.
We asked Matias Wilkman to build some FFGL plugins for us so in the next release there are some of his plugins added next to some of our own.
somethink like the strech plugin but with negatives values will ve usefull for a dome proyection

Ok, and would the keystone plugin be of any help?

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

[quote="edwin"]
For inspiration gave a look at this:
http://vimeo.com/7041944

[quote]

cool video, i like what they have done.

i have been chatting with someone who has started to develop FFGL plugins which will be getting public release. its early stages yet, but they will be out at some point. have seen screen shots of generators and an one which is an improved version of the min / max opacity control from res 2.41

more details to come when possible :)

gpvillamil

Post by gpvillamil »

Out of curiosity, which are the Syzygy FFGL plugins?

VJair

Post by VJair »

VJair wrote:one which is an improved version of the min / max opacity control from res 2.41
i just got hold of this as a very early version of the working plugin....and its GOOD!!!!

more info to come when i can say what / who / when

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

syzygy plugin's are:
Recolour
Fragment
Goo
Iterate
Kaleidoscope
RadialBlur
Ripples
Stripper
Tunnel
VideoWall

Gian, who made the min/max plugin, maybe we can encourage him to build some more?

VJair

Post by VJair »

edwin wrote:
Gian, who made the min/max plugin, maybe we can encourage him to build some more?
im gonna assume you mean me.....

dont worry, im on the case with this one... hes a very keen and able person with a lot of enthusiasm ( it took him less than 24 hours from us discussing the min / max plugin to me having it running on my machine! ) i also have another rather nice plugin from him as well. im sure there will be more to come, im starting to think up concepts for him to build ( hopefully my wishes wont be tooo wild ) im in contact with him on an almost daily basis, so our communication is regular :)

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

VJair wrote:im gonna assume you mean me.....
Sorry bout that :oops:
Mixed up who said what there!