Unexpected behaviour with auto pilot and BPM Clips

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Liam_Blend
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Unexpected behaviour with auto pilot and BPM Clips

Post by Liam_Blend »

Hi all,
I've been running into an issue with Arena using autopilot on a layer. I am using clips which are set to BPM sync.
I've set each clip to 1 beat each just for ease of seeing whats going on. I've then set the layer to auto pilot to run through each of the clips.

As per the manual:
Resolume will start playing the next clip in the layer when the current clip reaches its end.
With each clip set to 1 beat each my understanding was that each clip would reach the end of its time and move on to the next one in the space of one beat. What actually happens (with no pattern to it that I have been able to work out) is that one clip might play just once as expected the next will then loop for several times, the third different again, the end result of which is each have a different duration on screen.

Am i missing something here? Is this expected behaviour? If so could someone explain whats going on. I have tried changing beatsnap settings without success.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Unexpected behaviour with auto pilot and BPM Clips

Post by Joris »

It does indeed look like then when beat snapping is turned on, sometimes the trigger is a little late, and the next clip will wait, while other times it triggers instantly. The behaviour is inconsistent. Thanks for the find, and I'll make a ticket for it.

For audio and AV clips, it's fine, and also when beat snap is turned off there is no issue.