Moving Screens

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
stgtech
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Moving Screens

Post by stgtech »

I am using Resolume as a media server with one projector onto three screens. Each of the screens is 7'x7' square and they are on wheels. These screens are moved around for different pieces in the show and will be in different configurations and sometimes at slight angles. Programming this through DMX is no issue however we will be taking this show to several venues and we are using the projector provided by the venue. Hence in each venue the projector will be at a slightly different angle to the stage and at diferent distances so adjustments will have to be made in Resolume. Is there any way that I can say for instance adjust the Scale, Anchor, and Rotation on the composition itself so that all my individual positions for the screen layers can still follow their changes from DMX control. I think this might have something to do with Slices and the output windows but I am not entirely sure.

Example
Stage 1 - projector is 80' away 5 degrees above horizontal
position 1- screens 1,2,3 are lined up
position 2- screens 1,2,3, are lined up but spaced 3' apart

Stage 2- projector is 110' away 11 degrees above horizontal
position 1- same as before
position 2- same as before

If I were to adjust all three layers to line up on a test pattern with each pos 1 at different stages I want all the other positions to line up as well. How?

Thank you for your help,

Aaron