Couple of niggles but no doubt it's just me!

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
nomski
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Couple of niggles but no doubt it's just me!

Post by nomski »

I'm testing resolume 4 which I'll be using for playback at corporate events (award ceremonies etc) if I can get it to work how I want. At the moment there are two tings that I'm unsure of and any help would be appreciated.

1. If I have a clip with no audio then the transport control that holds the last frame at the end of the clip works as expected. As soon as I put audio in with the clip it just loops no matter what the transport is set to. I want to hold the last frame incase anyone makes video switching errors.

2. I have media encoder CS6 in our editing suite and have been testing the DXV codec on it. For some reason if I encode the files to include the audio, Resolume will not play the audio back. I'm not 100% against the idea of doing the audio and video seperately but it would save me a lot of time if I'm encoding things on location if people submit weird and wonderful formats.

Basically the ultimate would be for the videos to playback with the audio embedded on them and for them to not loop when they get to the end. Thanks in advance!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Couple of niggles but no doubt it's just me!

Post by Joris »

As soon as I put audio in with the clip it just loops no matter what the transport is set to.
This is a known bug on 4.1.2, which will be fixed on 4.1.3. In the meanwhile, saving, quitting and re-opening the comp will give the correct behaviour.
For some reason if I encode the files to include the audio, Resolume will not play the audio back.
This sounds like an issue with your compression settings. What codec are you using for the audio?

nomski
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by nomski »

Good stuff the save, quit, reopen has fixed one thing.

Aaaand for some reason I've just re-encoded some files with the exact same settings and now the audio works. Hmmm, not sure why as I dont think I've changed anything but I'm happy now!

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

I don't think you'll have to quit. Just save and reopen the composition.
Hopefully you don't have to do this anymore soon, 4.1.3 is in the making.