layer vs. clip properties: can u trigger a different blend mode for the layer with each clip?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
babipsylon
Is taking Resolume on a second date

layer vs. clip properties: can u trigger a different blend mode for the layer with each clip?

Post by babipsylon »

hi all

If there is a link to a manual section that answers this question, that will suffice. Thank you.

My idea might be wrong, but it seems to me u can't assign a blend mode for a clip in the queued columns (containing all clips) that automatically overrides the blend mode set in the "mixing window"?
It seems to me that it would be handy to have for each column, a number of clips with set opacities, blend modes, triggering by audio FFT etc. This is possible for e.g. audio FFT and opacities, u just don't mess with the layer's properties, and adjust these things in the clips themselves. But for blend mode with the other layers to be read from the clip, there should be an option added to blend mode: take from clip, or take default if not available. Or am I missing something? If this option does not exist, u need a much larger amount of layers, if you want all your blend modes preset with each clip.

Related question: if you set the opacity in both the layer and the clip at 50%, the final opacity of that layer will be 25%?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: layer vs. clip properties: can u trigger a different blend mode for the layer with each clip?

Post by Zoltán »

there is no option to change layer blend mode by clip launch.
(how would that behave if you transition from a clip in the same layer?)
See here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11979&p=49154&hilit ... lip#p49154
I would recommend doing that via external controls, see the Controlling resolume section of the manual.

0.5x0.5 should be 0.25.
alpha, and the 50Something blends behave that way.
others show the selected blending happen at 50% , and the layer content takes over from 50 to 100%.
So think of the layer opacity more like the layer blend amount.
Also clip opacity and layer opacity multiply eachother basically.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

babipsylon
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: layer vs. clip properties: can u trigger a different blend mode for the layer with each clip?

Post by babipsylon »

(how would that behave if you transition from a clip in the same layer?)

It would behave just fine I guess, if the transition time is zero? The new blend mode could be triggered in half the transition time if it's not zero, I guess blend modes can't be "mixed".
I will look into external commands.

Thanks for the tips!