Arena remote controll

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
marinbnm
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena remote controll

Post by marinbnm »

Hi there!

New user to resolume arena, i figured out most of it, but now would like too see options how to remote controll it.

I have site where resolume arena is playing various files, but i would like to controll it from other pc......something like this, i have multiple files for playout which are playing in repeat, but i need to switch between them by sending commands from other pc or controller. So would like to hear options, something by ethernet would be best if that is possible?

thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena remote controll

Post by Zoltán »

You can control resolume with Artnet or OSC via ethernet. (and Midi too with a bit extra setup)
Have look at the manual for options https://resolume.com/manual/en/r5/controlling#dmx_input
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

If you are new to show control, OSC can seem like a big undertaking compared to MIDI or Artnet but it's definitely the best control protocol out there. While MIDI is 7-bit (128 increments), and DMX 8-bit (256 increments), OSC supports double precision so options are nearly infinite!

My 3 go-to programs to control resolume from an other computer are:
They each have there own pros and cons and I choose which one I use based on the project.

OSC Linear Controller is my choice in a theatrical environment because it's designed to interface with Resolume and does a great job.

I use Vezer for installations that require full integration (OSC/DMX/MIDI) with the ability to control everything from a timeline with or without cues

Qlab is the most expensive of the three but it is great for simple OSC cueing and I typically use it for simple shows that wild be controlled by an inexperienced operator.

marinbnm

Post by marinbnm »

Thanky for replay! I will probably go with OSC as it is going via ethernet and collegue can do programing based on it, because there is free library to use. Now, how can i find what string i need to send to "change" something in arena? Think is, i have couple of cullumens consist of few layers.......i need to switch between columns and in each collumn to change some basic preset in layer.....thing is the controller (something like raspbery pi) will send strings and i need to change opacity.......just, how i can find out what string to send for each command?

thanks!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Click on Mapping>Edit Application OSC Map, choose Layer/Deck focus, select the parameter you want to control and you'll see the OSC input/ouput addresses in the lower left corner.

marinbnm

Post by marinbnm »

i used processing and oscP5 library to test it and works great.......thanks for tips!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Yeah, OSC is pretty amazing!!

Good luck :D

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

If you're interested in Vezer please let me know. I'd be happy to sell my license