Change start point of clip via osc or midi

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Jay_bee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Change start point of clip via osc or midi

Post by Jay_bee »

Hi all.

Newbee with resolume here.

I have been sent some clips which are 30 seconds long and consist of an intro and loop within the same clip. The idea being that I play from the beginning and then once the clip has passed the 10s mark move the start pointer to 10s so the clip will loop between 10s and 30s.

I have an external timeline set up to send the play command and then send another command to set the in point but when I look at the osc options there doesnt seem to be one for setting the in point. The command only lets me set the playback head position.

As a temporary fix I've put the same clip in two cells, the first playing 0 - 10s and the second playing 10s - 30s, and then got autopilot to play next clip. This almost works but there is a small stutter across the join.

Is there any fix to this or something I'm missing?

Thanks

AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Change start point of clip via osc or midi

Post by AdevProjects »

If you can edit the clip you could save the first intro part and the loop as 2 seperate files and cut them exactly at the right frame.

Then in resolume load both and put them next to each other and set the intro clip auto pilot to play the next clip when done.

Then it will play through the intro and change to the loop clip and keep playing the loop.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I believe the approach of splitting the clip using the in Andy out points is great and quite flexible especially when used in combination with the auto pilot

I believe the issue that created the stutter glitch when moving to the next clip has been resolved in 6.0.4 so try again.

Also, we if your out point in clip one is 10.0000, then use 10.001 as the in point for the next clip for continuity’s sake.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

This almost works but there is a small stutter across the join.
Are you using DXV files?
How small is this stutter you see?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Jay_bee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Jay_bee »

I'm trying not to create a split file as I'm going to get around 300 files sent to me in this format and it will become painful.

I've tried v6.0.4 and the stutter is still present. I would suggest that it is a frame of stutter, but changing the in point of the second clip to 10.001 (which then displays as 10.01) makes it more obvious. I have also tried setting the second clip to 9.24 but that doesn't help either. The files are DXV3 no alpha and no audio

What I'd really like to do is be able to send an OSC command to move the in point via my timeline software. Then I could have one cell with the clip in. My timeline would set the in point to 0, play the clip and after 10s move the in point to 10s without disrupting the clip playing.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Jay_bee wrote:I've tried v6.0.4 and the stutter is still present. I would suggest that it is a frame of stutter, but changing the in point of the second clip to 10.001 (which then displays as 10.01) makes it more obvious.
I believe there has been some work done on buffering for the next release, could you check this when 6.0.5 comes out?
Jay_bee wrote:What I'd really like to do is be able to send an OSC command to move the in point via my timeline software.
Yes indeed the OSC addresses for the clip in and out points seem to be the same as for the timeline itself, I'll create a ticket.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu