NDI vs Capture Cards which one to use

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: NDI vs Capture Cards which one to use

Post by He2neg »

daddymacgyver wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 22:19
He2neg wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 19:02
daddymacgyver wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 16:02

Yes LED walls
& yes the controller maps the area for the LED configuration. Depending on the amount of panels I use would determine my aspect ratio (resolution). The available display resolutions available on my PC may not match the resolution of the configured led video wall.

Not sure if I'm making sense.

For me in the moment it dont make any sense no... normaly you send a standart video signal with a standart resolution to the LED Prozessor.

i.e. your LED Wall is 1920x600px you send a 1920x1080 Signal and the prozessor only take the top 600px of that signal and put it nativ on the panels...
Right and if i want the whole (1920x1080) image to show on the led wall i would now have to scale it using Resolume.
Okay, i stop it here..I wont try to solve any problems when there are no for you. You have found your way and you will do it that way *sing BBB " I want it that way..."*

If you need more help just ask ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

daddymacgyver
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: NDI vs Capture Cards which one to use

Post by daddymacgyver »

Just to update everyone, I decided to try the NDI route first. As of now this would get me up & running to handle powerpoint presentations & similar content.

I downloaded NDI on both laptops.
I bought a gigabit switch (D-Link 5-Port EasySmart Gigabit Ethernet Switch (DGS-1100-05))

I tested the setup today. Everything worked fine. The D-link switch worked right out of the box, I didn't have to change any settings. I played a video on the "presentation laptop" and it displayed in Resolume. There was minimal delay which I expected, video played smoothly through Resolume. Since I will be starting off with powerpoint presentations in conferences and meetings this will work fine. I'll try out other methods later on in the year.

Thank you for everyone who gave me advice. I really appreciate it.

Empyfree, that facebook group you pointed me to was great.