s-video flickering

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
bsom_

Post by bsom_ »

sometimes, when i right-click on buttons in resolume to select mixing preferences, for instance, my full screen extended desktop s-video output from my laptop starts to flicker horribly. the only fix is for me to click "dual monitor" button to remove the output from the 2nd screen, then click it again, then resize the window on the 2nd screen. this would be bad, very bad, since i have up-coming shows which I'm going to use resolume for... when is the next version coming out? perhaps that will fix my problem?

malden_

Post by malden_ »

depending upon what graphics chip you have in your laptop, there should be in option in the display properties to adjust the flicker of the TV out. Did you try updating the drivers for your graphics board? That may help. You may just be pushing it too hard...

bsom_

Post by bsom_ »

this isn't a mild flickering that could be adjusted...

it looks like an old TV with no vertical hold. it literally makes the image projector unviewable, since it just looks like large black and white bars in a rolling pattern...

i guess it doesn't matter, anyway. i'm just about to order a new laptop, so hopefully the problem with stay with the old one...

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

at what resolution have you set the output window. If you use video out it happens that you can't use a resolution of 320x240 if you want to go fullscreen. That's because a s-video signal has to be higher then 320x240. Try setting the output to stretch to 640x480. So the resolution will be 640x480 but the calculation will be done in 320x240.
If this doesn't help try the following, right click the output screen and choose Full frames only. Play with this option to see wether this helps..
Let me know if it doesn't

Cheers

bsom_

Post by bsom_ »

i was using 320x240 scaled to a 640x480 monitor...

i'm unable to test it out now, since i just sold the laptop :-)