Windows 98, 2000, or XP?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Fury_

Post by Fury_ »

Hi,

I have been testing with Resolume on the following system :

- PII 1Ghz Celeron
- 600 Mb memory
- 40Gb ultra ata-100 7200 rpm disk
- Geforce 2 GTS + Trident VGA (for interface)

I was wondering on which OS Resolume runs best? (I have 98 installed at the moment)

And... I was kind of wondering how Resolume loads the files, are they all stored in memory? (The reason why I am asking this is that I added 512Mb of RAM and didn't notice a big improvement when playing big files)

Perhaps making a ram-drive for my favorite loopz will improve performance? Or this might be a nice idea for future versions?

I expect to buy a key soon, keep up the good work!

Greetz,

Fury

Fury_

Post by Fury_ »

I tried using XP but I couldn't get the 2nd video card to work... I tried it with 2 different cards... both were detected perfectly, but I kept getting an error(10).

So I installed 98se again.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

with two videocards you need to run windoze98se because win2000 does not have dual monitor support ... winXp does have dualmonitor suport but might not have propper drivers for your trident videocard ...

Fury_

Post by Fury_ »

The weird thing was : once I installed the trident card, win xp found the drivers automatically... and when I installed another pci video card it also found the drivers but I got the same error message.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

is the error message you get from Resolume or from windows?

Shahid_

Post by Shahid_ »

Actually I want a VJ Card Drivers

for My Windows 98

Ok

Svaen_

Post by Svaen_ »

W2k has 2 Monitor support, of course.
No problem using 2 Cards here....

Darryl M_

Post by Darryl M_ »

How do you make a RAM-DRIVE for WINDOWS 98

Shadow_

Post by Shadow_ »

Ummm, did he actually get his question answered at all? I have used both 2000 and XP with Resolume and both in 2 different hardware configurations, both with dual monitors and had no problems. I don't seem to remember there being any differences in speed between these OS's, but I have not tried Resolume with 98 yet. Anyone compare 98 with 2000 and XP on the same hardware yet? I would be interested in the speed comparison myself.

Of course W2K has dual monitor support, I would say better in fact than 98.

Looking forward to 1.1 guys, don't take too long.

The Butcher_

Post by The Butcher_ »

Well, I found on my Athlon 1.2 DDR that WinXP was the best, as 98 falls over when I play at raves and partys, also, everything works in XP, like my BT 878 capture card for example, XP diddnt have drivers though. PeacE