Will resolume work with codanova VMX?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
ni-cad
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Will resolume work with codanova VMX?

Post by ni-cad »

Hi all.

Can you guys answer a few questions for me?

1/ Will Resolume Avenue 3 work well with a Codanova VMX midi controller (are they easy to configure together)?

2/ How many effects can I layer on top of one another at any one time?

3/ Can I adjust how quickly a clip fades in or out when it is being triggered, ie on note release will the clip stop playing sudenly or fade out gradually, is this definable in any way.

4/ Can I load Audio generators like synths and samplers in to Resolume Avenue 3, for example Kontakt or Direct Wave? once loaded will I still be able to access all of their peramiters via midi.

5/ How do I configure Resolume Avenue 3 for a 3 projector set up? ie a different group of clips per screen?

6/ Can Resolume handle hi res midi (14 bit) or does it have midi smoothing to stop "steppy" panning etc?

7/ is there anyway I can use timecoded vynil to scratch VT within resolume, is there any kind of plugin that I can use within Resolume Avenue 3 to achieve this if Resolume Av 3 can't do it?

8/ How do I add free frame effects?

Thanks in advance for any of your time, I realise these may be newb questions so I figured it best to get them all out of the way at once :mrgreen:

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Will resolume work with codanova VMX?

Post by VJair »

1/ Resolume has MIDI learn, so you select the paramter, move the controller and its assigned.

2/ lots, i think its more gpu ( for video ) and cpu ( for audio ) related

3/not currently

4/ Avenue doesnt seem to like VST instruments ( just tried with Tal - it stopped the audio working on that clip ) and i dont see anyway of sending note data to it either

5/ your output will be triple width, you then position each clip within that area

6/ pass. it is OSC compatible though ( dont know if thats just on the mac side though)

7/ pass ( but i think not - it would have to be a FFGL plugin or an external ap that recievs the data and converts it to MIDI or OSC and then sends it to Resolume)

8/ it only takes Freeframe GL not Freeframe 1 ( FFGL are a fairly new type, so at the moment the available plugins are limited )

ni-cad

Post by ni-cad »

Nice one VJair.

Can you tell me anything more about FFGL? I couldn't find any .

I need more effects, is there no plugin that can host FF1 in Resolume3?

Or can I buy more effects from Resolume?

Thanks for your help.

nwonknu

Post by nwonknu »

There is no plugin. And question is, will it be.
Still there are no FFGL plugins to buy but that will change in short time.

ni-cad

Post by ni-cad »

Thanks nwonknu.

Can't wait to get my hands on them, lets hope it's not to much of a wait.

ni-cad

Post by ni-cad »

Sh*t I just sold mine for £150, to be honnest they're not that hot imo. build quality is terrible, don't get me wrong everything works as it should but they're very shabby, well mine was at least, the sliders were really stiff, some of the pots were really lose some stiff, they have a horrible heavy hollow rattly feel to them. I was really dissapointed when I got mine out of the box, looks great (does actually work as it should) but is just horrible to use.

The newer version may be better, I don't know, but I'd look to something else if you can.

ni-cad

Post by ni-cad »

I would say go for a vestax combo, a VCM-600 and a VCI-100 would surely beat just about anything there is hands down, and as far as build quality go's you can't beat them, they have the best sliders money can buy, they're well lit and well laid out and they'll last you for the rest of your life.

Not sure what kind of compatability they have with 64 bit, you'll have to read up on them, but the main thing to remember is that they've been designed as a psudo "instrument" for musicians and dj's, they're responsive and easy to use in a creative environment.

I mean VMX don't even have any lights in em :D unless you count the tiny pittiful collection of led's which you cant even see anyway. Oh and the jogs were horrible hollow plastic moulded rubbish too and they wobbled all over the plaice. I mean, really horroble. don't go near em, yuck lol.