Advanced Output Slices X,Y

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
imag8nineteen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Advanced Output Slices X,Y

Post by imag8nineteen »

Since we do a lot of LED stages for festivals and corporate shows it would be great if under preference you had the ability to change the X:0 Y:0 of the slice centers for faster mapping layouts on site. Rather then the center being in the center of the slice maybe it could be "Anchor Point" and "Center Point"

Rock ON!

Mat
Attachments
Visual reference for this request
Visual reference for this request

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Advanced Output Slices X,Y

Post by drazkers »

imag8nineteen wrote:Since we do a lot of LED stages for festivals and corporate shows it would be great if under preference you had the ability to change the X:0 Y:0 of the slice centers for faster mapping layouts on site. Rather then the center being in the center of the slice maybe it could be "Anchor Point" and "Center Point"

Rock ON!

Mat
+1

I just divide the width and height in half and add that to x and y positon, the basic math takes 2 seconds. If your doing pixel maps you should only be using the numeral values not dragging anyways.

That is if the map actually matches. LOL.

hookerbot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by hookerbot »

drazkers wrote: I just divide the width and height in half and add that to x and y positon, the basic math takes 2 seconds. If your doing pixel maps you should only be using the numeral values not dragging anyways.

That is if the map actually matches. LOL.
+1

drazkers hasn't spent spent enough time t-minus 1 hour to show doing complicated maps on an over tired, under (over? could be either) caffeinated brain, when basic math feels like trigonometry. :lol:
phpBB [video]

12 slices across multiple video processors (and processor vendors)
Had a video card melt down night before show
Staging vendor was 4 days behind schedule.
Got it done ;)

This has actually come up before, and Joris said something to the effect that the way we did it does make sense in context, and we try really hard not to overcomplicate the interface. To which I say, the aforementioned brain would have really loved 1 extra checkbox in the preferences menu :twisted:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Topleft positioning is confirmed and coming.

For now, let's say the topleft of a slice is at 960, 576, and the width/height is 384 x 192.

My overtired, undercaffeinated and jetlagged brain just types 960 + 384 / 2 and then types 576 + 192 / 2. That's it. No thinking, just blindly typing numbers. The slice is now in the correct topleft position.

We're working with giant super calculators, so for pete's sake, let's not do any math in our heads.

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Completely off topic, but funny that the one stage to be done by a different vendor other than the normal crews that do those shows - refused 2 or 3 readily available servers with the mappings and it gets posted here with meltdown problems. ha!

hookerbot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by hookerbot »

dirtyjohn_lv wrote:Completely off topic, but funny that the one stage to be done by a different vendor other than the normal crews that do those shows
Just about every led vendor in the southwest US had gear onsite, as well as a couple different content houses. There are a number of "normal crews" in that sense.
dirtyjohn_lv wrote:refused 2 or 3 readily available servers with the mappings and it gets posted here with meltdown problems. ha!
I'm not sure what you mean by refused readily available servers. We used a computer with resolume, as did many others, I saw PRG using Mbox, V2 using Touch/Res, at least 1 modul8 guy, someone with arkaos, and probably more I didn't see. The V2 tech I talked with told me they were having very similar problems. I'm sure you know as a vegas resident it was brutally hot.

dirtyjohn_lv

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

There's a few of us in Vegas that get mapings for most anything done in the area, just in case. We had a couple of liquid cooled servers with 980Tis ready to go for 7UP but the management for the stage didn't want to pay for backups... I had to go to LA days before to work on a few backups for stuff that roasted already.

PRG probably had half as many spare as they did live MBOX, anytime I get a board from them they send me a full backup at no cost. Global Trend and LED Displays bring processors, generally make VJ or content houses bring own servers

Running in 110F for 6 months out of the year, you know what keeps the server cool? A 20inch floor fan. Watched framerates go from under 30 back to 60+ within minutes.

1 20inch floor fan for every 30inch rackspace is a good ratio I've found

hive8

Post by hive8 »

Cool guys I was over at EDC too

Was on Cosmic Meadow and Wasteland

Who else was at EDC
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Didn't make EDC NY because of an artist pulling out but I was around Vegas.

Sorry I didn't say Hi Hive8, i'm due to roll through LA in august.

hive8

Post by hive8 »

Come say hi when u in the area ;)
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com