Feature request: Swap all FTT parameter audio sources

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
VJ_io
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Feature request: Swap all FTT parameter audio sources

Post by VJ_io »

It'd be a great boon to be able to switch all audio reactive parameters from external FFT controlled to Composition FFT controlled, and visa versa.

DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Feature request: Swap all FTT parameter audio sources

Post by DHoude »

Not sure if this is what I am thinking, but while you can already switch that.

It would be great to switch External or Composition FFT input globally under Audio preferences. I can practice with Composition, then later change all the effects to External for the live show. Would make things a ton easier to change globally instead of going effect by effect under each clip.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Currently I'd do this with a virtual audio driver, setting it as the input device for FFT, then playing sound to it from Resolume or another app.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

I was worried about latency, but I guess during practice that is pretty irrelevant. Besides that, its just one more thing running on my PC. So it would be nice to not need to do that in the future.

Any suggestions on a good Windows diver? I think I have the a license for the Nerds.de Audio one from years ago.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

LoopBeAudio should work.
You could also check if you can record a Stereo mix from your soundcard https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/h ... ord-audio/
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Thanks, started switching over to "External FFT" last night. I have a bit of work to do but I guess I only have to do it once more now.

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Now that I have this "working" it looks like there is still a flaw with this idea. When I use the virtual audio port I have to make that my default sound card for this to work. I can see that it is working but I can't hear the music anymore. So that is not going to work out either. Just silence and a bunch of twitching parameters.

Honestly it would be great to just change from Composition to External. I really can't think of a better way and it would not require virtual drivers and the bandwidth that comes with that.

Edit: Zoltan, that Stereo mix option in you link was GOLD! I can hear music now and have external work. Thank you so much! I guess there is no need for drivers at this point.