playlist

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
scarlac
Is taking Resolume on a second date

playlist

Post by scarlac »

Hi everybody.

Most of he time I am alone to do some vj'ing, and after an hour or 2, i'd like to take some pause and enjoy a little of the night. Showing nothing during my pause or just a still image, doesn't look very professional. I tried to play some animations, one after another, in the windows media player, but most of the times it is buggy. I have a blue or a green or a white screen depending on the projector, when it jumps over to the next animation in that playlist.

It could be nice to create a simple playlist in resolume.

thx in advance if you think about that.

scarlac

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

It would be nice if a set playlist could be implemented as an extension of the chaos function.

If you haven't tried chaos mode in res however,(?) it's really good for letting you get away for a while, provided you set the parameters judiciously or it can get messy. Chaos maybe shouldn't be the name for it, it can be quite elegant if done right.

scarlac

Post by scarlac »

hi

I tried already the chaos mode, and yes it is very good. but it doesn't play the clips complete, only a part of it. I know that we cab adjust the time that a clip is played. But not every clip has the same length. That's why a simple playlist could be good for it.

cya

levon

Post by levon »

if you are using a midi keyboard you could use a midi sequencer to record part of your set, and then also use it to play it back. but if you are using a mouse and (computer) keyboard i dont know how you would do it. but bart and edwin said they might be adding a midi out function from resolume, which would make it possible to record and play back a set

scarlac

Post by scarlac »

Hi

It's not ment to play an already used set.

I have a huge list of old commercials i found on the prelinger website. I like them so much and I see that lots of people are reacting to those old commercials, it's a pitty not to show them complete.

Same thing with a complete list a found on the net of satelite pictures converted into animations. We zoom from the complete earth to a specific spot on earth, and it is very detailed. Its also a pitty if we don't see the end-location on earth.

That's the reason, a simple playlist would be great. And I'm sure other people that are VJ'ing would use it.

Cya
Scarlac

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

Like Levon said, MIDI is your friend for this job. i use a MIDI sequencer to control which clips play and for how long, which sounds exactly like what you want...you could probably pick up a cheap one like an Alesis MMT8 for about £50 on Ebay. Maybe its not the best sequencer in the world, but its more than capable of doing what you want. :)

VJ Nexus

Post by VJ Nexus »

you can change the length of time chaos spends on each clip before it switches on. (Personally I have a midi sequencer, and yes this is the best tool for programming sequences) However chaos can be used well. Change the minimum time to something that is longer or as long as your shortest commercial, and the maximum somewhere above that. The timing is in milliseconds (I believe, not looking at it right now) so just play with those number settings and you'll never cut a clip short. It may loop the clip a little before jumping to the next one due to variations in time lengths between clips, but at least you won't cut them short. Remember you can tell it which layers use which clips, or even turn off layers and decks completely... Tweak with chaos and you'll figure out a way to take a break (and catch a smoke in those non-smoking venues as is my case -- freakin' new laws :( )