Remote control over WAN MIDI compatable

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
activstudios
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Remote control over WAN MIDI compatable

Post by activstudios »

I am on a mission to get as many top quality clubs in the UK interested in the installation of projectors and server systems to stream VJ sets remotely

to do this we need Resolume to have remote WAN capabilities

Vote if you think this is the way forward for reloume V3

Merkavah

very cool

Post by Merkavah »

Global thinking is the way my friend.

Great.

M

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

Not an expert but don't think resolume itself doesn't needs any extra capabilities since you just need to stream the output which can be done 'after' resolume or any vj app.

Livevevil Vj's YUVa did this about 5 years ago in glasgow (streamed their mix) but was obviously a bit ahead of it's time back then (not enough broadband coverage etc). Point is, it can be done already as far as I know provided clubs have the appropriate hook-up to the net.

Therefore I vote NO since there's more pressing issues with resolume plus it would be uneccesary processor overhead.

On the other hand, get to it and do it.

mfo

Post by mfo »

Although the idea sounds interessting to me from the technical point of view, i cannot approve it.
Because it forces the distance between people.
Imho parties are one of the last remaining places in modern society where lots of people interact together as one group, as a higher organism.
It is very important to me to stay inside of this group/organism and especially the artists shouldn't distance themselves from their audience.

I believe there is an interrelation, a connection between audience and artist. Some kind of symbiosis. When the people enjoy what you do, when you get positive feedback directly, it makes you feel vindicated, it motivates you. Thus giving more fresh, faster, inspired visuals back to the people.

I even think, vjs shouldn't get placed in corners backwards of the people that often. Get in front of them, watch their faces!
(How can one do that via "live"stream??)

continuity-B

Post by continuity-B »

good point

Merkavah

Zero point field

Post by Merkavah »

Originally posted by mfo
Although the ...
...that via "live"stream??)
I have to agree with the interaction with crowd/musicians/VJs. And also with the fact that the artist shouldn't be cloaked.

BUT

I do think we are all in a global consiousness leap. Thelepathy and non-locality are becoming mainstream ideas. They are becomiing reality.

You thinkk in some years we are still discussing processor?@! pffff.... I think we are discussing biological and conscious technology. You could call it maybe spiritual lechnology.

Anyone interestid in this subject of metaphisics?

Mail me, so I'll setup a forum on this > camcomsoft@hotmail.com

;)

cheers & respect

Merkavah

Zero point field

Post by Merkavah »

Originally posted by mfo
Although the ...
...that via "live"stream??)
I have to agree with the interaction with crowd/musicians/VJs. And also with the fact that the artist shouldn't be cloaked.

BUT

I do think we are all in a global consciousness leap. Thelepathy and non-locality are becoming mainstream ideas. They are becomiing reality.

You think in some years we are still discussing processor?@! pffff.... I think we are discussing biological and conscious technology. You could call it maybe spiritual lechnology.

Anyone interestid in this subject of metaphisics?

Mail me, so I'll setup a forum on this > camcomsoft@hotmail.com

;)

cheers & respect

activstudios

WAN Feature Resolume V3

Post by activstudios »

It is interesting to see that most people do not care for WAN (Wide Area Network) features in Resolume V3.

The reason that I think this would be a great feature is that within the next 5-10 years I foresee that VJ`s will be as mainstream as DJ`s currently are, in clubs and live events. The idea of the VJ has been around for ages but the technologies were not available back then like they are now, with the advert of DSl, T1 and new faster connections, we can live in tokyo and VJ in Russa, England, US all in the same night and at the same time!! a 1 hour set could soon make you a few £$!, no problem, and all you need is a laptop, resolume, Nulsoft NSV, shoutcast server and winamp (< shame AOL now has winamp). If Resolume V3 could work as a host and client, then this would work stand alone without the need for NSV , shoutcast etc.

And imagine being able to mix multiple client streams from any location in the world!! We need WAN features, Trust me! ;)

ISIS

::THE FUTURE OF THE VJ HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN::

P>S Merkavah You need to check out what BT (British Telecom) Research Labs are upto!!, Search for (Soul Catcher Project) Ipswich, Martlesham Heath

[Edited on 4-9-2005 by activstudios]

continuity-B

Post by continuity-B »

Why? What's the benefit to the clubber? For all they'd care if the visuals aren't obviously being performed live to that club's music you might as well stick a DVD on.

Why can't the local VJ's do the job, or go travelling, physically, themselves?

VJs in clubs playing off the DJ - that's what it's about. Why outsource the VJ?

Again, even if you do really wan't to do this, why does resolume have to be burdened with superflous features (and processor overhead) since it can be done already externally.

That said I can maybe see the appeal in say a pre-arranged, back2back, international VJing collaboration with a VJ from another club playing the same style of music. But not cherry picking from loads of random streams out the air...