External control from second PC in Resolume

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
NeutralM
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

External control from second PC in Resolume

Post by NeutralM »

Is it impossible to use one PC (server) only for Resolume's output and another PC\Tablet (client\control pc) just to display Resolume's interface (PCs are in the same network and the output pc has no monitor)?

I know this is a feature of complex mediaserver software, but I think many would be interested in such a function in Resolume, because the Teamviewer is unstable and requires an extra display.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: External control from second PC in Resolume

Post by Arvol »

I use anydesk. It's free and more stable than teamviewer (imo). What would this setup be for? I prefer building osc interfaces with real-time feedback. That's a muc more fun method that also makes you like like a 'G' when people watch you working ;)

NeutralM

Post by NeutralM »

Osc is useless for my purpose (mapping). Imagine one pc with 6 projectors on the roof being controlled wirelessly by a tablet pc from the ground and we got an extra video output because no monitor is needed.

Afaik vdmx can be controlled from ipad

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Yeah, for remote mapping you would need to VNC into the machines for Resolume.

Javen

Post by Javen »

Yes, it works well for projectors

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

i do it all the time, show machine connected with cable to a gigabyte router which makes a wifi network, teamviewer on both, and I map the stage while walking around with a 13" macbook pro.
Optimized teamview settings for speed, not quality.
If the connection is laggy, stop playing clips or any moving content in resolume.
Even works quite good with just my phone as a wifi hotspot

NeutralM

Post by NeutralM »

Grimm90 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 00:42 i do it all the time, show machine connected with cable to a gigabyte router which makes a wifi network, teamviewer on both, and I map the stage while walking around with a 13" macbook pro.
Optimized teamview settings for speed, not quality.
If the connection is laggy, stop playing clips or any moving content in resolume.
Even works quite good with just my phone as a wifi hotspot
Yes, teamviewer works. But my idea is Resolume without monitor. Just bring pc, connect PJs and use it as a server.

Kreezy

Post by Kreezy »

I just used a program called Spacedesk to connect my phone (it was a bit laggy but thats probably bad phone preformance, I have quite an old phone)

You install the app, than install driver on pc and your pc will see your phone as second monitor.

I just used it for the first time, so I dont know if it is a good option for you or if the app is cable of controlling Resolume.

What I can imagine is that the computer always has the driver running, which means as soon as you turn on the app in your phone you can connect with that pc, it may work with a pc without screen, but just do the presets with a normal monitor first.

EDIT:
It is able to display as an output for Resolume.
It is an extension of your monitors, or if its the only one it is your monitor.
I didnt get touch to work properly in resolume, but you can use mouse and keyboard to controller resolume with phone or tablet.