Vista

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
meek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Vista

Post by meek »

Happy new year all,

Just wandering when a new version of Resolume is going to be released that fully supports Windows Vista. It is now very hard to get a new laptop that comes with XP, and as I am currently on the hunt for a new machine this is a massive issue! Last time i tried resolume on a vista machine it was a disaster...
So if i buy a new system I cant use resolume I dont think (?)

Any ideas when this will be resolved?

thanks guys

:D

James // meek.tv

[Edited on 28-12-2007 by meek]

miau

Post by miau »

Originally posted by meek
Happy new year all,

Just wandering when a new version of Resolume is going to be released that fully supports Windows Vista. It is now very hard to get a new laptop that comes with XP, and as I am currently on the hunt for a new machine this is a massive issue! Last time i tried resolume on a vista machine it was a disaster...
So if i buy a new system I cant use resolume I dont think (?)

Any ideas when this will be resolved?

thanks guys

:D

James // meek.tv

[Edited on 28-12-2007 by meek]
I think the better thing you can do is to install a windows xp in a new partittion so you would have a dual boot operating systems, vista and xp. Wich is very good because you would have a operating system just for vjiing with just windows xp, only essential drivers, the codec you use and resolume. I, for example, have dual boot with two windows xp, one for general purpose and editing, etc, and other just to use resolume on gig's.

meek

Post by meek »

Thanks miau,

I hadnt thought of that - is that easy to set up?
If i had a seperate parttion with files on I could in theory reach it from either OS?

If anyone has got this working it be great to hear how it works

thanks!

James

ROdrigueZ
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Vista

Post by ROdrigueZ »

I also use a laptop with two OS in it

XP media center that came with it- When I used it I had a lot of crashes even with ver 2.3
XP professional edition just for resolume - works just fine using ver 2.41

I dunno if you'll have some problems creating a particion for Xp with vista on the computer , I'd advise for you to do it using the boot sequence on your computer, making it run the setup program b4 vista boots.