Selecting active clip properties.

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
funkyant
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Selecting active clip properties.

Post by funkyant »

So, I've been playing around with the demo lots, and am ready to jump ship back to using Resolume for my gigs :)

But there's one thing in Avenue that doesn't make sense to me. Firstly, I should explain the way I use the software.

I do not use any audio features, I purely mix video. The idea of binding clips to layers seems very restrictive to me, so I have set the global clip targets to 'active layer' (great that this option is there).

But this is where things don't make sense. It really feels like when I click on the active clip in a layer's transport area, this should automatically select it as the active clip for parameter editing, regardless of which deck I'm in. But that is not the case. I have to remember which deck that clip was in, jump to it, wait for all clips to load, then select it again. Even then, it seems that sometimes when I edit the parameters, the edits don't become active until I relaunch the clip. But then sometimes it works straight away? It almost seems like a bug?

Is there something I'm missing?

pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Selecting active clip properties.

Post by pleasuretek »

I second this request. I use avenue video-only for most performances. It would be nice to be able to activate the clip that is in current layer if the deck that the clip is in is out of scope (you have to go back to a previous deck if that is where the clip is located).
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Selecting active clip properties.

Post by Joris »

Hey guys

We are aware of this limitation and are working very hard on improving it.

Joris