Video Card and Screen size

Bro, does your rig even lift?
mikedif
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Video Card and Screen size

Post by mikedif »

So I have a question about a setup, if I am using a hdmi splitter to feed multiple TVs from a single HDMI source (video card) do I need more power as I push to more TVs? My typical setup will be (2) 60" hd tvs but there may be times I have additional tvs (of equal or smaller sizes); currently I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB, it only has two DVI no HDMI but I do have a DVI to hdmi cable, is 640MB enough power OR do I need something newer like the 2GB cards? The specs of the system are; 3.4ghz i5 (may overclock it some more) with 16GB of ram, resolume runs off of a SSD drive and I will likely put any content I am running at the time onto the ssd drive for faster access OR a 7200RPM internal drive.

Sorry for some much talking, basically is a NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB graphics card enough power for 2 60" TVs? Thank you!!

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Video Card and Screen size

Post by drazkers »

Since your using a splitter, 2 monitors and 100 are the same for your computer.

What really matters is the resolution your using and how layers you have. A GTS 8800 is a really old card!

PS. Don't overclock its just going to put unneeded stress on your system Resolume is more GPU then CPU.

mikedif
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by mikedif »

Thank you Drazkers, I had a feeling that would be the answer; and yes I know it is an older card. I am looking at 1920x1080 as the resolution I want to push, I need the quality to be top notch (no reason to go lower right?). That is what my 24" computer monitors are currently set to and when I was using resolume on one of them as my output it ran great, no lag and was around 40FPS it seemed. So based off of that my setup should work.

Any recommendations for a better card under $200?

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

GTX 660 probably is in that range. It also have 4 video outs and would handle 1080p with DXV no biggie.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

I use the 8800 and 9800 cards as well. They are old but they'll still outperform many modern video cards. The best thing about them is they still have an s-video out that has saved me a few times.

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

DayVeeJay wrote:I use the 8800 and 9800 cards as well. They are old but they'll still outperform many modern video cards. The best thing about them is they still have an s-video out that has saved me a few times.
Never leave home without this.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

I just picked one up from monoprice. I'm thinking about buying more so i can use my v4 again

disconappete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by disconappete »

I just picked up an Extron VSC500 Scan Converter for 60$ on ebay, it didn't have a single scratch on it. A super reliable high quality product, the 700 will also send SDI as well as composite, svideo, component, and RDBHV simultaneously. The freeze function is great too. http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=vsc500