Wireless Cameras

Bro, does your rig even lift?
projectneptune
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Wireless Cameras

Post by projectneptune »

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for recommendations on the best wireless cameras to use with Resolume. I need to attach a camera to a performer, which means it needs to be something small, and battery powered. Let me know if you have any thoughts or experiences.

Thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Wireless Cameras

Post by Zoltán »

have a look at FPV gear,
small 800 MHz cameras, that could be powered from 9V batteries, or a 2 cell LiPo.
would be cheap, but not 100% stable.
there are 1.2, and 2.4 .... GHz versions, but as the frequency goes up you need more line of sight between the sender and receiver.
in any case, get a receiver with diversity.
Also check the local radio frequencies, so you don't have interference from 4G, DVBT, Wifi, etc.

I have done a theatrical show last year with 1.2 GHz sender attached to a handheld camcorder with 90% stability, sometimes dropped half frames,
tried a bmd intensity shuttle which dropped the half frames and gone to black. I had to use an easycap, which keeps the last frame in the buffer.

this setup was about 120€ without the camera
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Sportinger
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Wireless Cameras

Post by Sportinger »

or, if you just want to play around, you can easyly get a livefeed from any ip camera. I used my smartphone as such and had.... results. Latenzy around 200ms with a few droped frames, but usable for my purpos.
There is software like camdroid which can get any ip streams in resolume, but i had a setup with vvvv which grabed the stream and deliverd it to resolume for lower latenzy