macbook. not pro

Bro, does your rig even lift?
mist
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

macbook. not pro

Post by mist »

I'm looking forward to buy a MacBook.

How Resolume works with Intel 950 video?
Any problems with video output in bootcamp?
Anyone tried Resolume in Parallels?

I don't think video card matters this much for Resolume, so I've chosen this laptop. In future I'm thinking about RAM upgrade.

offtop question.

Firewire vs. USB 2.0.
-----------
Most of my material is in 640x480, PicVideo MJPEG. I think USB 2.0 hard drive would be enough. Any thick arguments for firewire?

Ruud
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Ruud »

I tested resolume while booting XP on the Macbook (not pro)

the demo footage did work properly...
but i had the impression that when using heavier clips like i was used to (400x300) 800mbits per/sec (indeo or mjpeg codec)
i had the feeling it would slow down when doing so... but i could be wrong, and it could be because i only installed resolume and not directx etc. and nor any video codecs, just clean xp resolume demo with resolume demo footage...

i really have the same questions ...

ANYONE?

ciao

emendi
Is taking Resolume on a second date

I heard it\'s work great with resolume.... Exept...

Post by emendi »

exept the fact that you can't use dual screen on windows in the macbook.
There is no driver for it or something like that.

Im dying to buy the macbook, but not untill i'll be 100% sure it is fixed...

Good luck, update if you know something new.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

we have a macbook pro and dual monitor works fine, just not the svideo out only the dvi/vga.

squaat

Post by squaat »

Has anyone actually used a macbook non-pro with resolume.
Is it true that you can vga out but not svideo (just like the pro)?
Does the fact that it has an integrated graphics chip really matter (for resoulme?)

I'm just super curious as I'm thinking about buying a macbook non-pro

Thanks!

junes-djandvj

Post by junes-djandvj »

confirmed : macbook pro works fine here dual screen ok. all codec ok
i think that you can have the VGA out on the mac book not pro but the video card isn't as powerfull as the MBP 's ... let's see
but anyone tryed MIDI on it ? REact ? cause i'm wondering if i could have a REact midi controller? (don't want to buy it for nothing...see?)

gradek

Post by gradek »

I also use a MacBook Pro. and have not gone over 60% CPU usage. with 3 clips on 3 layers and 3 simple effects on all clips and 3 master effects. My clips are 320x240 mjpeg-a @ 50% resolution. I don't see how the video card will yield much more performance. Its all about HD speed and CPU. as far as I know.

prox_emics

Post by prox_emics »

i had these same questions about a week or so ago...but after my first gig ever, and using resolume on my macbook pro (bootcamp)..ill have to say, all fears have been set aside. it worked great..i had some issues setting up the screens, but then realized i had to have the projector set as an extended desktop. using the dvi out on my mac worked great. i was using 640x480 clips and about 15 or so. i also had my macbooks isight in use as well as a digital video camera via firewire. all this, and no issues! now, the clips were compressed pretty well, they all probably totaled 200-300 or so MB..so not much, but the performance was dead on. i didnt have a single issue..so fear not about the macbook pro!! on a side note, i read online(i think the computer arts article, but dont quote me) that we should expect resolume for mac with version 3...could this be? lets hope. :D:D

also..i was using an oxygen 8 via midi, and that also worked perfect!! and i was using all layers (3) with effects as well! i love this app and this laptop!!!

[Edited on 9-11-2006 by prox_emics]

alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Originally posted by junes-djandvj
all codec ok i think that you can have the VGA out on the mac book not pro but the video card isn't as powerfull as the MBP 's
Unfortunatelly, this is not true.

ATM you CANNOT get any video output through mini-DVI connector.
This excludes both non-pro MacBooks and iMacs. It seems like the apple miniDVI converter needs some addditional driver or sth. It may be in next version of bootcamp or it may be not.

Getting this driver is kind of a holy grail for many people so there is a chance that it will emerge sooner or later. There's even competition for solution with 1600$ price.

Unfortunatelly DVI output is not good as I have S-video mixer. Can DVI be easily converted to VGA on macs as it is on PCs (dongle type connector)?
I could then use VGA to S-VIDEO converters.

bart - did you try getting VGA (or better s-video)signal from macbook pro?

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi Alchemist,
Getting vga is simple you just need the little converter, i think it came with macbook pro. S-video is not possible yet a stated may times before.

Cheers
Edwin