Quad Core CPU QX6700 with 1066 fsb RAM.... and expectant results in resolume.

Bro, does your rig even lift?
messhead
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by messhead »

Ah, i see. Im just thinking £££/$$$ to performance, but if your using muliple programs at same time i suppose you'll benifit then. Still alot of £££/$$$ hehe.

Here's western DIgital's external Raid 1TB - http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/10/03 ... book_line/http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/10/03 ... book_line/

Firewire 800 will deal with the extra load wont it?

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

true it's expensive. Just saying I wouldn't call it a waste, as long as you understand what you're getting. As for the hard drives, those look pretty nice. As long as a true firewire800 port was available on your computer. Still a personal fan of the raptor 10,000 rpm drives, but that's cause i like my computer as fast as i can get it ;)

messhead

Post by messhead »

Yes, my current system im selling on ebay is

DFI NF4 SLI-DR
AMD Opteron 175
2GB PC4000
Gainwood 7800GTX 'golden sample'
150GB Raptor
300GB Maxtor
all in a nice lian-li V1100 case :) So its no slouch. Just i need a laptop more than a desktop to play out as i'm stopping wasting time gaming haha. Just stick with my Wii now for some multiplayer compition with mates. I gotta say though, raptors arnt all that there cracked up to be. SATA-2 is just as good on 7,200RPM. I'm a bit of an all or nothing person as well hehe, but i kind of keep away from the ridiculas like the QX6700 and SLI 8800's haha. If i had the cash though may be different lol :)

dreamtk

Post by dreamtk »

sure the newer technology 7200 HDDS have taken a bit of the shine away from the Rapters but that's why you run them in RAID with a good harware controller to reclaim the difference

but yeah things like this a stupendoulsy expensive.. ah well

messhead

Post by messhead »

Very true, just checked out your myspace mate, its been hacked. When you try to see your pictures and what not it loads up the 'you must be logged in page' which is a fake site. it ports to 'http://www.giltternew.com/' then into a page that looks like myspace but isnt to steal peoples account's

This is always happening on myspace so rry to report, normally means new myspace :o

dreamtk

Post by dreamtk »

Thanx for the alert... a friend was asking me why i was advertising ring-tones haha now i understand whats hapenning.

I researched the problems... and its a case of going into your profile and editing out the redirecters...

i simply searched in the ABOUT ME section for "redirecter" sure enough was linking to a fake myspace logi-in which phishes passwords to hackers who like to spam rediculous products.

all is back on track...

as a rule always pay attention to logi-in URL .. make sure its original.

as a rule never hit HOME within someones profile to get to your log-in page, because if theyre infected it will lead you to this fake page...

just favourite the addy and login from the root page.. myspace.com and youll always be right.

cheers and thanx for the alert

messhead

Post by messhead »

No worries ;)

CHeers for telling me how sort it, know 2 mates that are having problems of blogs been posted. Ill tell them its probably in the wall of text, somewhere lol :)

Glad you could sort it ;)

messhead

Post by messhead »

Using IE7 and Firefox 2.0+ tells you about things like this with a warning when it happens, how i noticed ;)