AKAI APC 40 and Resolume Avenue

Bro, does your rig even lift?
werlin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: AKAI APC 40 and Resolume Avenue

Post by werlin »

subvert wrote:
The only ones that won't work straight off are the solo/cue/activate buttons as well as the small Send A/Send B/Pan/Clip/etc Buttons unter the knobs (so all the small buttons). These controls only toggle Note ON/Note OFF events, means: you CAN map them, but by default you'll have to doubleclick them to trigger the mapped control. I'm sure this isn't hard to change with Bome's Midi Translator or MidiPipe, but I didn't tried that yet.
you can scratch that off... at least in apc20 if you map them and check the piano option they will work like a charm... even better than the others since they stay lighten when you want them to with no handshake required (provided that you dont go change things with a mouse... otherwise the light correspondence to what you have on screen will invert... which you can solve with one more click of the mouse)

edit: of course they just dont turn the leds off when you press the button next to it... so you might want to use these to rgb, bypass, solo, cut buttons and not for the clip matrix, but its pretty cool to bypass effects and layers

Percival
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Percival »

Does anyone know if the REACT Controller works well with Avenue.
And do they still sell em ???

VJVertex

Post by VJVertex »

why u ask this here - in a Akai APC40-thread?!

@ werlin, is there a editing software for APC20 where u can configure everything?
| EVGA SR-2 | 2 x Intel Core i7 X5650 | 48 GB Corsiar DDR3 PC12800 | 2 x HD5870 Eyefinity 6 | 1 x GTX580 | 256GB Samsung 840 PRO | 160GB Intel Postville | Win 7 X64 | Resolume Arena 4 |

werlin

Post by werlin »

hi vertex

no, the only thing apc comes with are its cables & manuals and a cd with Ableton live apc version...

but the piano option im talking about is in resolume's leftside when you start midi mapping, where you choose if midi is relative-absolute-etc, right where the preview video normally is

btw just a quick question back at you:

do the apc40's "72" knobs work just by pressing the 1-8 buttons, and send diferent midi notes right away?
or do you have to use bome's to have access to them?

edit: i ask just because the shift+record arm buttons doesnt give that many faders... and so im thinking of going crazy and spend another 200 to trade it for a 40 if the knobs work fine without bomes
Last edited by werlin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

newfuturenow

Post by newfuturenow »

Yeah they do..
Master Track Selection keys 1- 8 ( + master) control the device control 8 bank of dials - Out of the box giving you 72 different dial controlled midi settings. I use a bank of 8 for each layer of clips and use the track control knobs to adjust the composition effects, Its well worth the extra cash.
So you got the feedback working through bomes yeah? How did you do that, I have almost given up on ever getting this to work after numerous attempts, which for some folk would take ten seconds to do! I got all the lights working, I just cant get them turning on and off relative to clips being played!
I am hoping Resolume will team up with bomes at some point to make a template for this one, either that or give Avenue midi out.

werlin

Post by werlin »

newfuturenow wrote:Yeah they do..
So you got the feedback working through bomes yeah? How did you do that, I have almost given up on ever getting this to work after numerous attempts, which for some folk would take ten seconds to do! I got all the lights working, I just cant get them turning on and off relative to clips being played!
I am hoping Resolume will team up with bomes at some point to make a template for this one, either that or give Avenue midi out.
edit: dont know if that was for me or Vertex.. just in case..

not at all, i dont even have bomes, that's why i was asking about the knobs..
i was refering to the ones said to work only when double-pressed, they work fine with avenue's piano option... so you dont have to double press them... maybe when that was wrote res 3.1.3 didnt have piano option or he didnt noticed it
Last edited by werlin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 17:38, edited 2 times in total.

werlin

Post by werlin »

newfuturenow wrote:Yeah they do..
Master Track Selection keys 1- 8 ( + master) control the device control 8 bank of dials - Out of the box giving you 72 different dial controlled midi settings. I use a bank of 8 for each layer of clips and use the track control knobs to adjust the composition effects, Its well worth the extra cash.
so if they work without bomes, i'll be the first costumer tomorrow in front of the store to trade the 20 for a 40

man do i feel stupid... i've been waiting on the 20 like forever, when i could had a 40 right away... well at least they dropped to 400€ since then.. i think..

VJVertex

Post by VJVertex »

the 72 knobs work perfectly without bome! i use bome only to get a midi-feedback and if i press the scene buttons they´ll glow red, most work was getting working like in resoulume: if u select another clip in same layer the clip before stops, so if i press next button in one layer, the old one switches off and the new one glows red.

only some buttons working only in toggle mode => double press

but i hope there will be midi-feedback soon!
| EVGA SR-2 | 2 x Intel Core i7 X5650 | 48 GB Corsiar DDR3 PC12800 | 2 x HD5870 Eyefinity 6 | 1 x GTX580 | 256GB Samsung 840 PRO | 160GB Intel Postville | Win 7 X64 | Resolume Arena 4 |

werlin

Post by werlin »

when its all working im declaring apc40+resolume the best combo since bread and butter... especially with a shift function
s'gonna be totally insane :mrgreen:

newfuturenow

Post by newfuturenow »

Please share your templates. I am that close to getting rid of my APC, because I have tried numerous times to get my head around bomes and failed to get it working properly. The sliders and the 8 + bank of dials make it an awesome tool in combo with Avenue, but I am making too many mistakes launching clips during live sets. I need feedback!