Help with Mac mini and resolume arena 4.1

Bro, does your rig even lift?
vonhellsing
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Help with Mac mini and resolume arena 4.1

Post by vonhellsing »

This configuration works nice with arena 4.1 ?

Intel Core i5 dual core de 2,5GHz
8GB de memória
HARDISK de 500GB1
AMD Radeon HD 6630M - 256MB RAM DDR5
OS X Lion
??

Some one using Mac-mini Server with intel 3000HD ?

Cheers!

vonhellsing

Re: Help with Mac mini and resolume arena 4.1

Post by vonhellsing »

I love the massive participation of our community

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

it's been less than a day, not everyone frequents the forum so often. paitence is key not sarcasm.

Are you asking because you are considering buying a mac mini or do you have this one?
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

vonhellsing

Post by vonhellsing »

I stay considering buying a mac mini+triplehead2go becouse i using a 50" touchscreen transparent, will be better for me than one retina. More tiny and ligth to airtravels!
:)

synapse_gh

Post by synapse_gh »

The 500GB hard drive on the current Mac Minis is 5400rpm which will definitely reduce your performance.

The 256MB graphics card on the Mac Mini isn't great either, especially if you are comparing it to the 1GB card on the Retinas...

If you're not using many layers or HD content, it might be okay?

vonhellsing

Post by vonhellsing »

My problem is thats retina dont help! i need I using one Transparen touch screen to play

I need clone Desktop and conect to video projector or led painels, with mini i have HDMI and Thunderbolt, HDMI i using to Touchscreen and Thunderbolt to Matrox 3head2go.

In retina will be impossible i put Desktop to Retina monitor and duplicate in my TouchScreen and using others output to extended screen!

synapse_gh

Post by synapse_gh »

I get that, but it doesn't change the fact that a stock Mac Mini probably isn't up to the task.

I don't know if it's possible to swap the graphics card on a Mac Mini, but if you can at least replace the 5400rpm HD with a solid-state drive you should see much better performance.

Stickygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Stickygreen »

vonhellsing wrote:My problem is thats retina dont help! i need I using one Transparen touch screen to play
But the retina display macbook is a MUCH MUCH better computer in many, regards, not just the Hi res display, it's the GFX card, the SSD, teh fast RAM... I think this is what synapse_gh was getting at.

vonhellsing

Post by vonhellsing »

Stickygreen wrote:
vonhellsing wrote:My problem is thats retina dont help! i need I using one Transparen touch screen to play
But the retina display macbook is a MUCH MUCH better computer in many, regards, not just the Hi res display, it's the GFX card, the SSD, teh fast RAM... I think this is what synapse_gh was getting at.
But in Brazil Retina price is around 7k U$D (ITS LIKE HANDS UP AND GIVE ME YOU POCKET the APPLE´S PRICE in brazil)

synapse_gh

Post by synapse_gh »

I looked at Apple's Brasilian website, those prices are criminal! You could buy a plane ticket to Los Angeles or Miami, buy a Retina and fly back to Brasil and still save $3000!

I agree that the Retina is expensive even in North America, but if you spend $1000 less on your show computer and it crashes during a show that would have paid you $1500, did you save money or lose money?

You don't have to choose either the Mac Mini or the Retina, there are other computers in between that will perform better than the Mac Mini and cost less than the Retina.

Remember that even if the price is $1, the Mac Mini is not a good choice if it cannot run your show.