Crop 4:3 for Widescreen Output

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Q_The_Monkey
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Crop 4:3 for Widescreen Output

Post by Q_The_Monkey »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but...

It would be great to have a feature in the screen setup to allow you to crop your 4:3 ratio clips for widescreen output. Some places I VJ in (bars and small clubs) only have LCD/Plasma TVs and the image looks crap when stretched to fill the widescreen format. Sometimes there is a row of TVs in a horizontal line and it would look much better to maintain the aspect ratio through cropping the top and bottom of the output for widescreen to fill the screen rather than having to set all the screens to 4:3 and having black bars to the left and right of the image.

It would be great to have a feature like this in the next version of Resolume.

Keep up the great work!!! :)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

In Resolume 3 you,ll have full control over the size and position of clips so yeah you,ll be able to do this with our next release.

Q_The_Monkey

Post by Q_The_Monkey »

Excellent!!! Any chance Resolume 3 will be out before the end of August this year?? Our VJ crew (http://www.digitonic.tv) will be looking after visuals in the Bodytonic tent at Electric Picnic this year (http://www.electricpicnic.ie) and it would be great to have this new feature for it. Cheers Bart.

VJ Brambi

Re:

Post by VJ Brambi »

bart wrote:In Resolume 3 you,ll have full control over the size and position of clips so yeah you,ll be able to do this with our next release.
I've also been waiting for this! Sooooo nice! Cant' wait till Resolume 3.
" Just my opinion.. "