Better options for Main and Group Column control

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Better options for Main and Group Column control

Post by Oaktown »

In my dream world, Columns would have the following options:
  • Autopilot with the same type of options as Clips (incl. [Play Specific Column]
  • The ability to set a time for the column to be used in conjunction with the Autopilot feature
  • The ability to ignore the column when one uses the play nexts column feature available in all shortcuts so that it can be skipped over
  • A Transport timeline mode with the ability to loop, play once or pause at the end of the set duration
  • The ability to select multiple columns
  • Have the ability to preview a column
  • Have the ability to drag and drop a single column or a group of columns somewhere else
These options could be available in any viable of right-click menu, dropdown menu or UI menu for Main Columns and Group columns?

Also, I would LOVE for the existing Rename function to select the whole title automatically so that I can start writing the new name without having to select everything first.

PERCYJOSEPH
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Better options for Main and Group Column control

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

+one to the above request or dream.

p8guitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by p8guitar »

Have the ability to drag and drop a single column or a group of columns somewhere else
this one would be very nice. I often create very much columns and then I'd like to reorder them so that the best ones are easily accessible without scrolling.
Arena 7.2.1; Ableton Live 10.1.18 controlling Arena with OSC; Schenker W507 mobile Workstation: i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 2x m.2 Samsung SSD 960 EVO NVMe, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5.

Vrtra81
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Vrtra81 »

•Autopilot with the same type of options as Clips (incl. [Play Specific Column]
•The ability to set a time for the column to be used in conjunction with the Autopilot feature
•The ability to ignore the column when one uses the play nexts column feature available in all shortcuts so that it can be skipped over
•A Transport timeline mode with the ability to loop, play once or pause at the end of the set duration
+1
would open Resolume for so many more uses

AngeloDV
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by AngeloDV »

Great ideas but I think the main question is why do you need a timeline for the columns:

- So basically my question is, what is essential in the way you VJ that you really need to use column triggers?
- How do you setup your clips and why is the column trigger so essential?

Not bashing your ideas but trying to understand how you approach column triggers

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

AngeloDV wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 09:58 Great ideas but I think the main question is why do you need a timeline for the columns:

- So basically my question is, what is essential in the way you VJ that you really need to use column triggers?
- How do you setup your clips and why is the column trigger so essential?

Not bashing your ideas but trying to understand how you approach column triggers
Oaktown doesn’t generally “VJ” in the sense you mean, neither do I. We look at the software from the “media server” side of things where timelines etc are a godsend.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Empyfree wrote:Oaktown doesn’t generally “VJ” in the sense you mean, neither do I. We look at the software from the “media server” side of things where timelines etc are a godsend.
Correct, I don't VJ at all and to be honest I probably never will! All we do is theatre, installations and corporate events.

I use Arena as an alternative to Dataton Watchout, Disguise D3, Christie Pandora's Box, etc... which is the reason behind this list of needed functionalities.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

Great feature requests! I too use Arena as a media server for mostly corporate events, and these additions would make my workflow very flexible.
+1

AngeloDV
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by AngeloDV »

Ahh that makes sense!

Indeed pretty good points. I wish there was an actual Timeline feature where you can link action and clips based on a main timeline(s). I haven't used AI but saw a youtube clip explaining theirs and it really makes sense for bigger scripted shows

Vrtra81
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Vrtra81 »

Sometimes I use Resolume for weddings, small company events and at a Bar where alot of still images are shown for hours. Autopilot for columns would make it easier to make things more interesting. With columns I can put a visual above a wedding picture, a company logo or special offers in the bar.