HDMI switcher remote control

Bro, does your rig even lift?
rawdesigns
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

HDMI switcher remote control

Post by rawdesigns »

I'm looking for a 2x1 HDMI switcher that can switch between inputs remotely. any ideas or product recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: HDMI switcher remote control

Post by Arvol »

Any of the amazon one's should work. I would also suggest throwing an EDID spoofer/cloner inline though as some of those chaper ones will disconnect your second input when input 1 is active. The spoofer will hold the link to your machine regardless of what input is active.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Arvol wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 18:51 Any of the amazon one's should work. I would also suggest throwing an EDID spoofer/cloner inline though as some of those chaper ones will disconnect your second input when input 1 is active. The spoofer will hold the link to your machine regardless of what input is active.
I Think you missed the remote part....

I guess you want to do it via a greater distance ? What protocoll you can send... rs232 is quite cheap and still used but its limited to the distance... network should be the good way...

Sure you can use some Barco pds 4k xD but i guess thats out of the budged?

So to narrow it a bit down... Budged? Distance? able to have 4k? DIY or industry standart?

i sugest you scroll through the offer of a good av shop like teltec or avone....
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

IR extenders over ethernet are cheap. Not sure what the definition of "remote" is? same building, different city?

rawdesigns

Post by rawdesigns »

Sorry for the confusion I want to switch between inputs from home completely away from office so that is why I was thinking of some kind of network where I'm able to switch.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Maybe a network based KVM and a VPN?

Empyfree

Post by Empyfree »

Not tried myself, but came across these after noticing a repository for them on the Bitfocus Companion GitHub.

You could run a satellite companion install at the office and control it from home.

https://www.easycoolav.com/products/4k6 ... 22-18g-bps