NVIDIA Background Remover

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

NVIDIA Background Remover

Post by cat »

Any chance of this happening? Useful for live cams inside notch https://manual.notch.one/0.9.23/en/docs ... ackground/

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: NVIDIA Background Remover

Post by Arvol »

I've been using it on festivals for a few years now. Just download nVidia Broadcast (free) and you're all set.

cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by cat »

Are you then going through nvidia software into resolume? How is the latency?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Yeah, Input Device>nVidia Broadcast>Resolume.
No latency that I can tell.
You will need a RTX2000 series GPU or newer.

AngeloDV
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by AngeloDV »

I have been thinking about this actually, now its using Nvidia Broacast. but it would be a nice addition to have this built in inside Arena so you can toggle it on and off with midi. Or even use it on video content where there are people in it. You can even take it a step further in Wires and create interesting effects with the live alpha cutout.

Any chance we can see this inside Arena in the future?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I asked a year or so ago. It comes down to Apple (again).... Because Apple refuses to do business with nVidia that means Apple users also miss out on all the cool nVidia toys, and since the dev's want everything to be 1:1 between Win and OSX we won't get any cool nVidia features native to Arena.
The best you'll get is the nVidia broadcast app as middleware :(

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

We actually have been doing some tests on Windows and OSX again. Its a shame there is no single solution that works across platforms/vendors. Whenever we add a feature we really want to make sure its available for all of ours users, so it takes quite some time and work to get it to work everywhere. And performance/latency is an issue as well. So no promises but it is on our radar.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

edwin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 19:28 We actually have been doing some tests on Windows and OSX again. Its a shame there is no single solution that works across platforms/vendors. Whenever we add a feature we really want to make sure its available for all of ours users, so it takes quite some time and work to get it to work everywhere. And performance/latency is an issue as well. So no promises but it is on our radar.
I would assume there is a vulkan option to do this somehow, right? I mean zoom also has the feature built in and that works on OSX.