Drawing/Cartoon effect for live video

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
hugoq23
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Drawing/Cartoon effect for live video

Post by hugoq23 »

Hello guys,

I'm new to Resolume and from what i see a lot of possibility are available with this super product.

Do you know if there is any chance to create a drawing/cartoon effect on a live video ?
I would like to use it on cameras for concert etc...

Thanks in advance,
Hugo.

tijnisfijn
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Drawing/Cartoon effect for live video

Post by tijnisfijn »

Hi hi I would start playing around with the posterize effect and edge detection and maybe something like a dot screen effect. A other tip that I can give you is look at after effects tutorials. Lots those techniques are also possible with Resolume. It's not the same, but it will give you a idea how to get to some look you like, and you can try to adapt that to resolume. And just play around experiment and try... and have Fun....

hugoq23
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by hugoq23 »

tijnisfijn wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 02:14 Hi hi I would start playing around with the posterize effect and edge detection and maybe something like a dot screen effect. A other tip that I can give you is look at after effects tutorials. Lots those techniques are also possible with Resolume. It's not the same, but it will give you a idea how to get to some look you like, and you can try to adapt that to resolume. And just play around experiment and try... and have Fun....
Hi !

Thanks for the ideas I will try this !

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mowgli »

I made a tutorial on how to make a paint effect which might not be exactly what you're after but will give you ideas on how to make it:
phpBB [video]

I will make a new tutorial with a cartoon/comic effect at some point so feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel to be notified. There's a whole lot of goodies in there already.