Wireless camera phone transmitting live to Arena?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
davidzavid
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Wireless camera phone transmitting live to Arena?

Post by davidzavid »

Hi there!

I'm trying to get a wireless camera phone on stage transmitting to a wide screen through an Arena layer. Any advice on the simplest way to do it without an internet connection involved? If I get too far from the computer, should I get some kind of WI-FI amplifier? And is it possible to set up more than one phone at the same time? Is an Android simpler than an Iphone?

Sorry for all the amateurish questions, fairly new to this wireless world. Thanks!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Wireless camera phone transmitting live to Arena?

Post by Arvol »

NDI app on phone to NDI in Resolume. I did this about a decade ago, works ok-ish in a test environment. Get 5k+ people in a space and it's not going to work.

vejas
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Wireless camera phone transmitting live to Arena?

Post by vejas »

Long time ago I've used Airbeam than swtiched to ndi (creating a wi-fi with password with mac, but now I don't remember if you could have that function since I am not using from a long time, as far as I rember the removed that put in again but I think you can only make an open wi-fi but maybe I am wrong).
But as Arvol said I a crowded environment is not gonna work.

Another solution could be to have an apple tv connected with a capture card to resolume and than sharing the screen (of course you need a video app in which you could remove the overlay or if you use the defaul camera app you could crop a bit)
It depends how mission critical is it because even with the apple I experience some issues.
(the apple tv is on stage, the iphone/ipad is on stage and they are also in the line of sight, and then the feed is transmitted to foh thought fiber converter, but still sometimes the communication between iphone and apple tv fall).
(of course in this case you need to associate every iphone to his apple tv)

I don't know about android :-(