Midi triggers and selected items changing original item.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
EBMCreative
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Midi triggers and selected items changing original item.

Post by EBMCreative »

So I understand that when you add or move groups/layers and you have not specified this clip or group or only set as by position or whatnot that the midi triggers will move. That's easy enough to solve.

But why is the video router changing where it gets it's route information from when you add or subtract layers or groups when i have specifically choosen a group or layer for the input source?

Is that a bug or feature or am I missing something to get it to lock in permanently.

Thablnks.

EBMCreative

Re: Midi triggers and selected items changing original item.

Post by EBMCreative »

Any info about this. It became a huge problem this week as a new operator couldn't figure out how to take his finger off the.ouse button and shifted layers everywhere. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

The video router keeps it's set input, if you have it set to layer 3, then it will take layer 3.
If you however make a different layer to be layer 3, the video router will still take layer 3.
By position shortcuts work the same way, the refer to a specific clip grid position, not the actual clip (for which you'd use This Clip target)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

EBMCreative

Post by EBMCreative »

I understand.

Is there a way to change the router to track the layer if it moves?