Quasimidi Rave-o-lution 309

Bro, does your rig even lift?
eno@smvisuals.com
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Quasimidi Rave-o-lution 309

Post by eno@smvisuals.com »

Hello all, I need some help... I just got my hands on a Raveolution 309 made by quasimidi (http://www.quasimidi309.de.vu/) and it feels like a great bit of gear. I bought an edirol usb-midi controller and it looks like all the gear is seeing each other...

I ran into some probs where some knobs act different than others (like not going from 0-100% opacity), this wasn't a killer problem sincethere are so many knobs I can just mark the ones that work...

The big deal for me is that I want to use the sequencing buttons along the bottom to trigger clips in the bank. they seem to do nothing at all for me.

Help? thanks for ur time.

Eno One
S&M Visuals
Brooklyn, New York

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

do the sequencing buttons at the bottom actually feed out a midi signal? Or are they purely for sequencing within the machine? I have an rm1x sequencer and it has 8 knobs each with a shift function, essentially giving me 16 knobs. However of the 16 possible knobs, only 10 of them actually have midi values to them, the rest are purely for sequencing within the machine, and send out no midi value. Test this...

eno@smvisuals.com

Resolume isn't seeing any change when I try to assign the button so I guess maybe there is no midi signal on those buttons - which realllly sucks. I'll try to find the manual online, the buttons seem like they are a natural for midi triggering, I can't imagine that it doesn't work that way - grrrrrrrr. thanks for the help NexusIntent.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

im gonna check this for ya, i have my manual for my 309 somewhere...or you could use somthing like midi ox to analyse the signal going in to your computer, so you can see if they do transmit data.

eno@smvisuals.com

I found the manual at http://home.tiscali.de/tonfiguren/pub/309ManualEN.pdf but it isn't clear about whether the pad are supposed to put out midi or not...

Someone told me that they can but needs to be turned on through menus on the instrument - I can't find anything on that, any help is appreciated. It's got the 16 sequencing pads at the bottom which would realllly be great to use I think.

Nodular

Post by Nodular »

I've tested deeply last night, but it seem as if it's impossible to send midi trough seq buttons... too bad !
Or I've missed some hidden mode in the menus ?
If a prog change is what you need you could use blue knobs for "SOUND" as they actually send this kind of Midi message (only sequential selection is possible, but you choose the sequence).
Again, MidiOX (PC) and MidiPipe (MAC) do have a "message transform" feature, but I haven't figured out yet how to use it in this case.

[Edited on 26-9-2005 by Nodular]

eno@smvisuals.com

Nodular... thanks so much for the info. I'm going to give up on the rave-o-lution in this case... it's also quite large, I just got a laptop off eBay with a radeon9700 in it, I didn't expect this thing to be as heavy and clunky as it is - so now I'm thinking of a much smaller midi controller to go with it.

Thanks for the help. it's a shame though, the raveolution is a serious looking beast.

Eno