Hey everyone, I'm trying to fix an old bug with a resolume project my company is working on where in a video of a snow storm we experience random stuttering every 5-10 seconds of a frame or two. Normally this is pretty hard to see on a traditional 4k monitor (personally I don't have an eye for these details so my artist coworkers have to point it out to me) but this is a pretty jarring effect when we project the contents on to a movie theater size screen. Basically the 2 or 3 pixel shift snow flakes experience turns into a jump of a several inches or feet.
Currently in my test environment I am using Resolume Arena 6.1.1 Rev61728. My contents contain 3 movies all DXV3.0, with sizes of 5.18 gb, 1.28 gb, and 0.7 gb, with 2 to 3 minutes of footage each, 30 fps, and two of which have 1080p resolution and the final at a weird 2972x1080 progressive resolution. The two 1080p videos are then layered on top of each other and rendered out to a 4k monitor (which is where we see the stuttering) and the weird one is applied to a weirdly mapped plane and rendered on a normal 1080p monitor.
So far I tried debugging my hardware and found that the SSD is running at a normal rate, rarely exceeding a 100 kbs transfer rate. Only 3.2 gb of the 32 gb installed ram is in use, of whicc 400 mb is in use by Resolume. Processing power is getting clocked in at 6-8% and the GPU of the 1080Ti card is running at about 17% with 0.7/24 gb memory in use. I also went through the NVidia Control Panel and set the 3D settings to optimize performance in Power Management and Texture Filtering.
At this point I'm not really sure what else to do. This use case seems well within Resolumes ability especially given the hardware it is running on but some how something must be configured incorrectly. I've gone through just about every forum post I can find that mentions stuttering and none of the suggested solutions seem to work with my projects issue.