RESOLVED: Denon Prime and short video loops

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: RESOLVED: Denon Prime and short video loops

Post by Zoltán »

LockedUpCash wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 14:52 This is true, however when switching the mode of bpm to LINK you lose the denon fader control over the clips and it still doesn’t resolve the non auto looping feature. I’d have to use a separate midi controller to have any control over arena.
I don't mean the clip transport, I mean composition tempo. With that you can have parameters animated to BPM synced to your Denon's tempo. This would work well with generative sources, which can then be triggered with having them set to a Denon track, but their params would move on the tempo.

Denon sync indeed needs some preparation.
With random footage clips to random tracks, I think you are looking for a feature which doesn't exist yet.
The Feature Requests forum section is a great place to post those.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

LockedUpCash
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by LockedUpCash »

I have done what are describing before. Ex: animating the zoom of a clip with the LINK bpm set to the denon track. My main issue with that work flow is that when I set the composition tempo to LINK it seems to cancel out the Denon control over the tracks, like the fader controls you see on the right disappear. If the fader control at least stayed there I would reconsider using resolume more. If there is a way to achieve this I would be glad to be informed, I can’t seem to find a whole lot of info on these topics.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Like this woks just fine for me
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2022-02-23 - 18.07.21.png
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

LockedUpCash

Post by LockedUpCash »

Okay I set my gear up and it’s showing up this time :idea: . I guess I had some glitch earlier when I tried it. I’ll have to experiment with this but I think this will work. Thank you so much for the responses all day. I’m gonna test this out.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Great to hear it works now!

LockedUpCash

Post by LockedUpCash »

Still need some time to work it out but I wish you could use denon transport while the clip transport is set to bpm sync through LINK. That would be ideal in the future, or something like that.

LockedUpCash

Post by LockedUpCash »

Update. Tbh, resolume arena is a great tool, however even when using it on my main setup I’m still not finding enough fluidity in the workflow if I had to use it live. Sorry but I’m gonna have to roll with serato video for a bit longer. Is it possible to request a refund?

Ps: the day I can figure out how to get my setup to work together with resolume properly I will definitely come back to using it but I think Denon needs a bit more time figuring out it’s clocking methods. I heard there are some people struggling to use their sound switch micros with the cdj too. My future goal is to rely on just the Denon prime system so I’ll be keeping an eye out on any updates. ✌️

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

DJ sync is quite similar to SMPTE in terms of setup, it's not really great to set up in a live scenario. Especially if you're DJ ing too. But that's what VJs are for, right?

Please contact us on mail@resolume.com about the refund with your serial.

LockedUpCash

Post by LockedUpCash »

True. I still think it was cool to try to do djing and vjing at the same time but I think it really comes down to the event and workflow for said event.