So I've been dealing with this odd stuttering issue with outputs from resolume. Been going back and forth with it and figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has a solution before I send this laptop back for another RMA (first time was a bad ram dimm)
When I output from resolume I get random stuttering in the videos. Sometimes its minimal, but sometimes its really bad. It seems to be quite random when it happens but I've been able to force it to happen quicker by pulling outputs and replugging them. I've tried lowering resolutions, different monitors, led walls/processors, rolling back the driver, switched a ton of settings on the 3d nvidia control panel, and gone through the minimal bios settings.
Here are my findings so far:
1. Vsync on makes it much worse. stuttering is very noticable and it comes on much quicker.
2. Unpluging, using other apps, etc after resolume opens makes it worse.
3. On this laptop only if I move the main control windows around (shake it) it will go from 140fps to 60 fps with only the test card playing and it stutters the test card.
4. With Vsync off and if i restart resolume completely after everything is plugged in, I can get about an hour or so of good playback without the stuttering.
5. While the video is stuttering I have opened VLC on the same monitor with the same clip and it plays fine.
6. Sometimes its only on 1 of the outputs and not all. Varies from time to time.
Using Res 7 latest version (i've tried rolling resolume back as well) I have no problems with any of my other computers like this. Not even computers form 2015.
My next step is to clear this off and RMA it back to MSI and see if theres a hardware issue. My worry is there isn't and Im stuck with this laptop that cant play resolume videos smoothly.
Specs - MSI GT76 Titan DT 95g, m.2 ssds, Core i.9, 128gb ram, 2080 nvidia gfx card...
Video of the issue: