processing order when using chroma on layer

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
danimyl
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

processing order when using chroma on layer

Post by danimyl »

Hi guys, noob/idiot here in need of some clarification on how effects are processed/ordered.

I have a chroma key on a layer that is used only for a webcam feed. The layer's clips have an assortment of effects applied, but always to the same camera feed with the key on the layer. I notice that certain effects really mess up the keying and seem to disrupt the transparency. e.g. colorize effect on the clips is unusable since it completely exposes the green screen.

If I move the chroma effect to the clip this doesn't happen, and the key looks generally better than it does on the layer. But it's not feasible to key the clips individually because I have hundreds of columns and I can't be changing all those clip effects every time I need to adjust the key.

Am I missing something here as far as how to correctly stack/order these to get the best key?

Thanks for your help!

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: processing order when using chroma on layer

Post by francoe »

I think is not about the stacking order itself, but wich source is the fx taking as alpha.
Anyway, you can simply drag your filters (colorize, etc) to the layer above as 'effect clip'.
Scroll down here: https://resolume.com/support/en/effects