VJcontroller

Bro, does your rig even lift?

What protocol should VJcontroller talk to Resolume?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2022 04:06

MIDI
25%
OSC
50%
DMX over ArtNet
No votes
Webserver commands
No votes
Some of above
25%
All of above
No votes
Something different
No votes

Total votes: 4

jim
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: VJcontroller

Post by jim »

Hey, sorry for update.

First test unit arrived. What it is is an amalgamation of a couple of different knock off brand control desks. Which I'm using as my testing base. I'm also mounting a mac mini m1 logic board from a trashed one I got on ebay.

Final device will be a usb-c connection, at what ever the lowest level possible with enough bandwidth, for compatibility. It's serial signals and a single 1080p video signal for the screen. I think usb3.0 or 3.1 should be fine, so still easy to run down the line in a thunderbolt 4 Hirarchy.

I am using most likely ALPs Alpine faders, same as DJMs, and Mx gaming key frame, for easy of customisation and repair. I've been more frequent updates on instagram.

jim

Post by jim »

Here is a chat with my electrical engineering guru Joffy , about micro-controller selection.

On I think I'm pretty set in using ARM architecture now.

The one thing I want to look at now is seeing if I can use SRT or another IPvideo format to take video source from the host computer to run the screen of the controller.

I don't want to use NDI because I don't want to be beholden to NewTek. I also don't want to use up a video output from the host machine that they might need for VJing, especially if they are using a mac.

Also, I am not reading or looking at any replies on this forum at the moment, because dont want to deal with my ego, whether positive or negative, getting in my way. But once this bout of engineering is finished I will catch up.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230904_134130_Messages.jpg

jim

Post by jim »

The BlueNRG-LP features a 64 MHz, 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0+ core, 256 KB programmable Flash, 64 KB SRAM, MPU, and an extensive peripheral set (6x PWM, 2x I²C, 2x SPI/I2S, SPI, USART, UART, PDM, 12-bit ADC SAR). It is compliant with the Bluetooth® LE specification, supporting master, slave, and simultaneous master-and-slave roles, data length extension, 2 Mbps, long range and extended advertising and scanning features.

So I have a couple of different STM32 chips on order to test, but I am also going to look at some other ST chips like this low power Bluetooth 5.2 chip.