2 Midi Controllers - Saving Presets

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: 2 Midi Controllers - Saving Presets

Post by Zoltán »

Do you run the controllers from a powered USB hub?

And not together with capture devices or cameras?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Zoltán wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:54 Do you run the controllers from a powered USB hub?
Nope.
Zoltán wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:54 And not together with capture devices or cameras?
Sometimes, whenever I need to output some specific audio, I also need to connect my Behringer audio card. In rare situations I do need to capture inputs from cameras too.
In both cases I do use an USB hub, but I share it with the Mouse only.
I usually connect each controller to their "stand alone" USB port.

Paulo

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

That stand alone usb connector is probably on a single USB hub internally with other connectors, sharing bandwidth and power. Especially possible on a laptop. The system preferences /device list should make it more clear.
Some USB hubs don't support daisy chanining.

Do the controlers work in other apps like a midi monitor, when they don't want to work in Resolume, without a system restart?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Zoltán wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 21:16 Do the controlers work in other apps like a midi monitor, when they don't want to work in Resolume, without a system restart?
I didn´t try it.

Whenever I had or have such issue with the controllers, Resolume still recognize them both and I can see command messages working on preferences/midi/ when I press controller keys, nobs, etc.
But although messages come through, Resolume was doing nothing on the running composition for the 2nd controller.

I´ve been almost in a dozen of new gigs already and problem didn´t show up again.
I just have to follow the procedures I listed before:
- Turn computer on;
- Connect controllers;
- Run Resolume;

Paulo