Show clip with microphone

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
booshtukka
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Show clip with microphone

Post by booshtukka »

Hello.

I'd like to trigger my video source when I am speaking into the microphone, and have it disappear when I haven't talked for a while.

Any ideas on how to do this? Ideally without having to use the microphone for the FFT feature, since then I wouldn't be able to use FFT for anything else (please allow us multiple FFT inputs!)…

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Show clip with microphone

Post by Arvol »

Set the FFT to the layer opacity, and then load a clip and have it start on layer opacity movement.

Better way would be to use a custom TD or Wire patch with an OSC loopback until Global Params are a thing.

booshtukka

Post by booshtukka »

I’m sure with an envelope I could make this work too. But I did ask if there were any way to do this without FFT, since I can only select one source for FFT and this method would use it up.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Native in Resolume without FFT, no. You'll need middleware. I vote TouchDesigner.

booshtukka

Post by booshtukka »

I’ll look into that - thank you :)

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I went ahead and built it out for you. The "Green" nodes are the nodes you will need to update the settings on to make it work. Turn Resolume's OSC In and Out on and use the default In Port of 7000 and the default Out Port of 7001. By default it should trigger clip 1 in layer 1 and use your default audio driver. You'll need TD (TouchDesigner) free for this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GpKPF ... p=drive_fs

booshtukka

Post by booshtukka »

Ah thank you! You're amazing! I'll have a play!

booshtukka

Post by booshtukka »

I really appreciate you taking a look at this, but I'm completely overwhelmed here! I don't see anywhere obvious to edit anything, or how to select which input source etc… Sorry. But thank you so much.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Just look for the green nodes. That's the only 2 nodes you need to edit. You might have to press "U" to go up one level to see them. The first green node is your audio in, the second one is where all the magic happens and there is a "Setup" tab in the properties panel to change your OSC and audio threshold level.

booshtukka

Post by booshtukka »

Does this work differently on a Mac to a PC? U doesn't appear to do anything. If I double click into the "audio trigger" box I think I've found where I can change the input device, and there's another box where I think I can change the audio threshold. Do I need to leave TouchDesigner running all the time for this to work?