Anyone using the MAC Pro?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
kapil8589
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Anyone using the MAC Pro?

Post by kapil8589 »

The new MAC pro with the M2 ultra is one power house. Anyone using it? It has a lot of vaccant PCIE slots as well, capture cards can can be put in.

https://www.apple.com/in/mac-pro/

Anyone using these machines?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Anyone using the MAC Pro?

Post by Arvol »

I've had 1 to 2 headlining artists come through my festivals with them. They said it was working great for them.

kapil8589

Post by kapil8589 »

The specs are absolute killer! And you can slot in the capture cards too! And it can output 8 4k outs! Gone is the restriction of having only 3 plus 1 and then contemplating on having a second Graphic card and worrying about the cooling etc . This one comes ready!

kapil8589

Post by kapil8589 »

Have you seen or heard from anyone using the MAC studio with the M2 max or the M2 ultra version ?
Just curious as these MACs now don't have an AMD or Intel GPU anymore , it is all integrated in the MAC chip itself.

Would you recommend picking up a MAC studio ultra or an alienware M18 with a 4090 graphic card ? ( just need to have a system with a lot of head room , capable of doing 2 or 3 4K outs while touring, so ease of carrying the system is a priority too). Which amongst the two would be your choice?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I'm not a fan of apple. I use to be, but when they broke ties with nVidia (and the powerful CUDA tools) and took away standardized ports (went consumer vs prosumer) I stopped using or caring about them. I'm probably the wrong person to give you an unbiased opinion on this. I'm all for nVidia based systems.

ranczandras
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ranczandras »

I've made a complex benchmark with multiple outputs, multiple inputs, generative content, fx.
I've compared all of my systems and i can say that the Apple Silicone not just outperformed my laptop with 3080, but also a custom-built pc with 3090ti.
I don't know if my tests are satisfying, but I'm sure that I will go the mac way in the future
*(the mac studio it's not mine, a friend gave me only for the tests)

I don't know the mac studio how it performs in longs shows, the tests were made for 5 minutes in each step in normal ambient temps.

I have attached the framerates for every step I've made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true