EDID with Windows & Resolume Arena

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dschumacher
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

EDID with Windows & Resolume Arena

Post by dschumacher »

I install permanent projectors systems within the building of the business so this isn't your typical DJ/VJ set up/break down for a live event, rinse & repeat use of Resolume Arena.

What hardware solutions are out there to deal with the annoying EDID Display Numbers with Windows & Resolume Arena never matching up and constantly having to be reassigned to match the physical location of the projector?

The only solution I have found is to use 1 GPU and 1 BlackMagic Decklink Quad 2 Playback/Capture card but the SDI to HDMI to HDMI to Cat6 is a bit much with all the cables and potential points of failure.

The workstations I use are Dual GPU, with one card running Resolume Arena and then other typically connected to 3 or 6 projectors using HDMI to Cat6 extenders. As of now I've been selling clients Arkaos MediaMaster because there mapping software allows the projector outputs to always be in the correct location, every time, all the time. There is no need for special hardware requirements. The software is just designed to consistently output to the physical location of the projector.

There has got to be a better solution, anyone have some suggestions?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: EDID with Windows & Resolume Arena

Post by Arvol »

This is an OS issue. Are you also running an integrated GPU or just a dedicated only? Optimus (integrated setups) will have very strange naming conventions. Only using a dedicated GPU fixes this to displays 1-4/5.
Personally if it was me, I would Only use SDI output cards for these situations with a single beefy GPU for rendering. Most pro PJ's already have a 3G-SDI input so this alleviates converters as well. If you're trying to mosiac, then using a 4K to (4) 3G boxes like AJA or Datapath might be thrown in the mix as well to prevent tearing.

How often do these servers get rebooted?

These guys might be worth looking into if you're looking for things to hold a handshake:
https://hdfury.com/product/dr-hdmi-4k/

dschumacher
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by dschumacher »

The systems use dedicated GPUs. Unfortunately, the budget for these installs is relatively low so I haven't found any projectors with SDI input within $1,500 range.

The servers get rebooted typically once a week if needed. I'll have to look into DR HDMI as this might be the best option without having to use an SDI output card with converters.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I can't confirm that those devices will help once the machine is rebooted, BUT, if your end point devices are powered down and that un-link's the display in your OS, the HD Fury devices can prevent that from happening.